Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 20: Sydney Swans Reserves v UWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Best: Lockyer Walsh T.Mitchell Robinson Nankervis O'Keefe
    Good to have you back. Hope you had a good holiday. Your detailed reviews were missed by me and I am sure others.

Pushing for Selection
    What fantastic time to be a Swans supporter. Easily the best list we've ever had on paper. Even our top up players look solid. Obviously we will lose 2-3 blokes but we have plenty of cover. 30,000 plus v the bottom team. It's all good for at the moment. Wearing the Swans beanie at work. Smile from ear to ear.
    Using Tapatalk

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Hypothetically. If we had all senior and rookie listed players available, would Heeney, Mills, Davies and Hiscox be able to win a spot in the reserves on form over listed players?
    Do you mean are they good enough or would we play them?

Mills and Heeney definitely good enough...no question of that at all! Haven't seen much of Hiscox though.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Do you mean are they good enough or would we play them?

Mills and Heeney definitely good enough...no question of that at all! Haven't seen much of Hiscox though.

I was asking if Heeney, Mills and Davis are good enough to win a place in the reserves over listed players if all listed players were available. Are Mills, Heeney and Davis as good as the lower ranked senior and rookie listed players such as Jordan Lockyear, Marsh, Dick and Pat Mitchell?

If the reserves make the grand final and have a full list to choose from, can we select a Heeney, Mills and Davis over a Marsh, Dick or Pat Mitchell?

What is the selection policy for Top Ups V Listed Players?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    No idea on selection policy but I'd be surprised if they chose academy kids over listed players no matter how much better the academy kids are. Even at this young age I'd still say Heeney and Mills would be in our best 7 or 8 reserves players...they are genuine guns. I'm not sold on Davis yet but with a bit of luck nobody will bid on him and we can slot him straight onto the rookie list...same goes with Hiscox.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    No idea on selection policy but I'd be surprised if they chose academy kids over listed players no matter how much better the academy kids are. Even at this young age I'd still say Heeney and Mills would be in our best 7 or 8 reserves players...they are genuine guns. I'm not sold on Davis yet but with a bit of luck nobody will bid on him and we can slot him straight onto the rookie list...same goes with Hiscox.
    I read this as Davis on the rookie list along with hiscox, and then thought surely they come as one entity and began wondering how many a man needs. I assume one is usually enough, except in the case of Eddie McGuire where there is a second firmly planted on his forehead.
    Should have read as Conor wrote it, as Hiscox...makes a world of difference!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123