Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

Veterans List
    Out - JPK, Bird, Towers

In - Mitchell, Heeney, Mills

Oh wait, needs Eddie's approval!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If you watch the video of the team song in the rooms after the match, there are two things other than the singing to note. One is that LRT, formally dressed in his suit, is included in the circle for the song (which I think is terrific). The other, as the players break at the end, Franklin and Bird shake hands, Buddy says something to Bird and Craig shakes his head. Looks to me like Bird was saying he knew he had a problem with his knee.
    Before we get all worried about Bird, it's important to remember that a PCL injury is very different to an ACL injury. There are a significant number of instances where 1) PCLs aren't reconstructed 2) players don't miss too many games with conservative management and 3) as in Goodsey's case of his first PCL, he didn't even miss a week. It is often based on severity of symptoms & degree of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If you watch the video of the team song in the rooms after the match, there are two things other than the singing to note. One is that LRT, formally dressed in his suit, is included in the circle for the song (which I think is terrific). The other, as the players break at the end, Franklin and Bird shake hands, Buddy says something to Bird and Craig shakes his head. Looks to me like Bird was saying he knew he had a problem with his knee.
    Buddy could've been asking: 'Have you ever had 19 kicks, 9 goals and no handballs?'

Yes to goswannies and yes to ShockOfHair. But all the players except two in the circle singing the song look happy and excited. And the two who look glum are Kennedy and Bird. That may be a coincidence and mean nothing at all. I hope so. No doubt we will see this week.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    ROK would only get a farewell game for sentimental reasons... I'm pretty sure Horse gets Stewy Dew to blow the candles out on his birthday cake for him. A fitting farewell for Pebbles would be a lap of honour at half time at the GF (Hawthorn 2-11-23, Swan 9-4 58)
    I have no issues with ROK getting a farewall game for sentimental reasons.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Didn't Goodes managed to play on with a torn PCL?

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Can we merge the two 'changes for round 22' threads?

Cheers!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Also, I think Hewett is a massive chance to be given a game this week...will be as excited as I've been for any debutante since Mitchell.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Didn't Goodes managed to play on with a torn PCL?
    He did in 2004, but I'm pretty sure that was when we saw mummified knee Goodesy that could only run in straight lines (not sure if it was because of the knee or the strapping!) and ended up playing across CHB for the rest of that season. Pretty sure it was PCL in the Grand Final in 2012 as well and he saw the game out, but that's not exactly getting up next week and I think it was a rupture not tear (not sure if that makes a difference).

I don't think we can take much from Goodesy in 2004 as means of encouragement for Craig, if he was limited as Goodesy was for the rest of that season then he'd have to sit it out.
    Last edited by stellation; 18th August 2014 at 09:55 AM.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    ROK would only get a farewell game for sentimental reasons... I'm pretty sure Horse gets Stewy Dew to blow the candles out on his birthday cake for him. A fitting farewell for Pebbles would be a lap of honour at half time at the GF (Hawthorn 2-11-23, Swan 9-4 58)
    Totally agree! The notion that someone would get a game for the Swans based on anything but merit and 'best for game' selection is as silly as it is obscene.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Outs - Kennedy, Bird and Reid

Ins - Mitchell, Hewitt and B.Jack

I've spoken before about how the Swans use three slower in and under midfielders (Bird, Parker, Kennedy).

Two of those guys are likely to be outs so they should be replaced by similar players to keep the same system. Mitchell and Hewitt are in and under slower paced midfielders and will be able to team up with Parker to keep the existing system.
    That is just plain ridiculous. What you are saying is, that if you are a brilliant in and under midfielder that can run fast, you will not get a game for the swans.

You really do try and sound as if you are some sort of AFL guru and some of the stuff you preach is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Syd Swan View Post
    That is just plain ridiculous. What you are saying is, that if you are a brilliant in and under midfielder that can run fast, you will not get a game for the swans.

You really do try and sound as if you are some sort of AFL guru and some of the stuff you preach is just ridiculous.
    Whoa! Matt80 is expressing a considered opinion. He didn't say who wouldn't get a game. He based his opinion on his take on the coach's approach to team selection. Makes great sense even if you don't agree. Hardly ridiculous.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast