Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

Call me delusional but I'm pretty confident that Bird doesn't have a PCL tear, especially given that the source (Neil Cordy) also thinks that Biggs was our sub.

If you watch Birdy's discussion with Tippett after Lenny's guard of honour it looks to me like he is saying that one of his knees hit the back of the other in their collision. I think what he suffered was essentially a corkie (contusion) to the back of the knee albeit in an unusual place.

I didn't see any type of hyperextension in the replays which normally results in a PCL tear. Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Call me delusional but I'm pretty confident that Bird doesn't have a PCL tear, especially given that the source (Neil Cordy) also thinks that Biggs was our sub.
    Off topic, but just another little annoyance from Cordy's article, that he referred to Kennedy as, "ex Hawthorn player Kennedy"....Come on Neil, he's a Swan...

He played 9 games for the Hawks. With lots of player movement between clubs, it needs to be a lot more than 9 games for that kind of reference.

Does he refer to Gibson as, ex North Melbourne player Gibson or Gunston as, ex Adelaide player Gunston, etc etc....The answer is no,

even though they played plenty of games for their previous clubs.

Back on topic....Bird looked shot to me, IMO he'll be out for at least a couple of weeks, regardless of whether its a tear or not.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Also, I think Hewett is a massive chance to be given a game this week...will be as excited as I've been for any debutante since Mitchell.

I believe with Kennedy and Bird likely to be out that Mitchell will return and Hewitt will come in. They are like for like inside midfielders.

I think Mglynn, Smith, Shaw and Reid will be ready by the final round. I?m hoping that Kennedy will be ready for the qualifying final and that Bird will be able to participate in the finals.

The next two rounds will be vital for the Swans in 2015 and 2016. What do we do if Hewitt and Mitchell come in and play blinders and demonstrate that they are bona fide AFL inside midfielders who should be playing 20 AFL games a year? We can?t keep them all.

If Hewitt demonstrates that he is extremely promising do we have to sell the house to get Isaac Heeney? I don?t think the Heeney recruitment is a done deal. If the modified AFL rules ask for too much then we may have to wave him through. I believe Hewitt will play the next two games to help the recruitment staff work out what to do with Henney.

Warming the Bench
    I think Mitchell will come in for Kennedy, probably Hewitt for Bird.
    If Reid is out, I think Tommy Walsh should come in. Playing well in the 2's, admittedly as a key defender, but has enough height to do a Reid style job in the ruck. From what I hear I don't think either Naismith or Nankervis are quite there yet.
    For all the talk about resting...we just need to win our next three and then we have a week off!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes to goswannies and yes to ShockOfHair. But all the players except two in the circle singing the song look happy and excited. And the two who look glum are Kennedy and Bird. That may be a coincidence and mean nothing at all. I hope so. No doubt we will see this week.
    True, but anyone who injures a knee will feel likely despondent, compounded by looming finals and the potential repercussions. But patience. Might be bad, but with a PCL might be ok.

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    For all the talk about resting...we just need to win our next three and then we have a week off!
    We need to win our next five. Then they can all have a rest.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mocaholic View Post
    Easy!!

What about Zak Jones? I think if he is fitter than Tommy M, he gets a run. Does anyone have from good source that Josh K has actually injured his Hammy or was it as Longmire stated "not risking him" because he had "tightness in his Hammy". Longmire also said the Josh didn't feel anything "go". I don't think we should "risk" Tommy M either if he is just rebuilding fitness, Zak's got the head down, bottom of the pack mentality that we need too.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    What about Zak Jones? I think if he is fitter than Tommy M, he gets a run. Does anyone have from good source that Josh K has actually injured his Hammy or was it as Longmire stated "not risking him" because he had "tightness in his Hammy". Longmire also said the Josh didn't feel anything "go". I don't think we should "risk" Tommy M either if he is just rebuilding fitness, Zak's got the head down, bottom of the pack mentality that we need too.
    Jones has only just played a couple of games back from an injury lay off too. Mitchell would have a higher endurance base, you would think, being older and having completed parts of more pre-seasons.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    I didn't see any type of hyperextension in the replays which normally results in a PCL tear. Anyway, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.
    I thought a common cause of PCL injuries was a knock to the knee. That's why they used to be seen as a ruckman's injury and the centre bounce arrangement was modified to reduce the incidence of knees clashing together at speed. When Goodes first injured his PCL, way back in 2004, it was at a centre bounce as a ruckman.

Quote Originally Posted by mocaholic View Post
    Agree 100%.

Can have a big rest and a big drink.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by grarmy View Post
    Totally agree! The notion that someone would get a game for the Swans based on anything but merit and 'best for game' selection is as silly as it is obscene.
    Interesting how we all see things differently. I would find it neither silly nor obscene to see ROK get one last game with the seniors. Given all the circumstances I don't think it will happen but I think it would be very fitting and would love to see it.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast