Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Yeah interesting selection dilemma, isn't it? Two midfielders out, two defenders ready to come in. Shaw, Malceski and Rohan can help out in midfield if need be.

Would hate to see Biggs miss out ahead of Towers. How much confidence do the coaches have in his multi-tasking skills?
    They must have had a bit last week they played him on a wing as a tagger on Lenny Hayes. That is a pretty biy job for any player let alone a 3 gamer. He kept Lenny to 8 disposals by half time and had 13 himself. Not bad really.

Longmire has said that it'll most likely be Smith and Shaw for Kennedy and Bird. The bigger question will now be how we line up. Macca will go back to the midfield for a start, but what else?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

At this stage it looks like Birdy & Benny are definite to miss out. Birdy has strained a posterior cruciate and Benny hasn't come up but will probably resume next week. Smithy WILL play. Sammy, Joey & Rhyce will all need fitness tests later in the week. So at this stage I wouldn't be putting any bets on who will play and who won't.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    At this stage it looks like Birdy & Benny are definite to miss out. Birdy has strained a posterior cruciate and Benny hasn't come up but will probably resume next week. Smithy WILL play. Sammy, Joey & Rhyce will all need fitness tests later in the week. So at this stage I wouldn't be putting any bets on who will play and who won't.
    I wonder if we are about to rest a key defender. The Bulldogs only recognised key forward is Crameri who is Dane Rampe size.

We may only need to play one of Grundy and Richards due to opposition match ups. There are certainly enough small/medium defenders in the line up.

Does anyone think this move is a possibility? Who would you rest out of Richards or Grundy?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    I wonder if we are about to rest a key defender. The Bulldogs only recognised key forward is Crameri who is Dane Rampe size.

We may only need to play one of Grundy and Richards due to opposition match ups. There are certainly enough small/medium defenders in the line up.

Does anyone think this move is a possibility? Who would you rest out of Richards or Grundy?
    No need to rest either Ted or Reg. Both are fine. Plus Bulldogs will probably give Grant another run, plus Campbell as second ruck. Both need key defenders to mind them.

Last week the Dogs played Tom Campbell and Jarrad Grant, neither kicked a goal, and they also have Liam Jones available if they choose. Bontempelli is around 194 cm and plays forward a lot. Their tall forwards are not very good, but still have to be defended. I think Laidler can handle Jake Stringer, who's not all that quick. Cooney also goes forward a lot and still has pretty good pace.

I think we can match up pretty well on them. It's more a matter of quality than height. The WB players are looking a bit tired at this late stage of the season. They came home stronger last year.

I actually like the sound of this as we could definitely replace one of them with an in form Tommy Walsh. If either one is a little sore and needs a freshen up it would be a perfect opportunity to give them a rest plus test out Walsh down back just in case he is needed! (hopefully not this year). But I very much doubt our conservative selection committee will entertain this although Walsh may be a chance to replace a sore Reid in the back-up ruck/forward/back role.

My view as what will happen.
    Out: Bird, Kennedy, Reid.
    In: Smith, Shaw, Walsh.

What I would like to see! In order of who should replace who.
    Out: Bird, Kennedy, Reid, Richards or Grundy, Laidler (stiff), Towers (also stiff).
    In: Mitchell, Hewitt, Nankervis, Walsh, Smith, Shaw.

Won't happen but would be nice to rest a few before a huge finals series with all the pressure on us to win for a change!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    They must have had a bit last week they played him on a wing as a tagger on Lenny Hayes. That is a pretty biy job for any player let alone a 3 gamer. He kept Lenny to 8 disposals by half time and had 13 himself. Not bad really.
    Ah, well-spotted Wolf. I didn't know that was Towers. Awesome job. So unless there's some last-minute complication it should be a straight swap of Shaw and Smith for Bird and Joey. Towers or Biggs as sub.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Ah, well-spotted Wolf. I didn't know that was Towers. Awesome job. So unless there's some last-minute complication it should be a straight swap of Shaw and Smith for Bird and Joey. Towers or Biggs as sub.
    He meant Biggs played on Lenny
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

This will be the game we rest players. Then back to full strength against the tiges

Why do we needs to rest players that have no injuries issues? There were 2 byes this year! How much rest do you still need? Why don't we have just 3 months of footy and be done with. That way everybody can rest a lot. Sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    Why do we needs to rest players that have no injuries issues? There were 2 byes this year! How much rest do you still need? Why don't we have just 3 months of footy and be done with. That way everybody can rest a lot. Sheesh!
    Agreed, thats why I thought the second bye was introduced.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast