Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

OK, Horse says there will be no resting of players....

There were some very sore boys after todays game.

Namely Bird, he had no lateral movement after the knock he got, was very proppy and concerned.

Reid wasn't moving at all well after he had a heavy fall out on the Eastern wing.

So I reckon there will be some changes this week.... My guess

OUT : Kennedy, Bird, Reid

IN : Mitchell, Smith, Membrey

K Jack and Hanners also looked a sore, fingers crossed it is just bruises for them.

Horse says McGlynn won't be back but maybe Shaw.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I agree with Longmire. The players shouldn't be rested unless there is a chance of injury. We'll see how they fare at a training next week. Some of them will definitely be dropped if not fully fit.

Agree with those changes, Ernie.

If Kennedy and Bird are both out as primary midfield movers, certainly Mitchell will be first in, but there must be a chance for ROK.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    If Kennedy and Bird are both out as primary midfield movers, certainly Mitchell will be first in, but there must be a chance for ROK.
    Outs - Kennedy, Bird and Reid

Ins - Mitchell, Hewitt and B.Jack

I've spoken before about how the Swans use three slower in and under midfielders (Bird, Parker, Kennedy).

Two of those guys are likely to be outs so they should be replaced by similar players to keep the same system. Mitchell and Hewitt are in and under slower paced midfielders and will be able to team up with Parker to keep the existing system.

With Reid possibly an out I would bring in the extra pace of B.Jack to play the subs role and allow Towers to start. Towers may be able to do a valuable pressure and chasing job on one of the Bulldogs young quick players.

I thought about ROK, but I think there is more value in giving Hewitt an opportunity at this stage.

I think we can afford to give Smith and Shaw another week off but it's vital they are back for the final round. Hopefully Mglynn is also back for the final round.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ROK in. I don't care about arguments against it.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    ROK in. I don't care about arguments against it.
    Yes! I'd like to add LRT too. I'm still recovering.

Quote Originally Posted by bondy View Post
    Yes! I'd like to add LRT too. I'm still recovering.
    Really sad for me too, but LRT in would be the shortest retirement ever!

Out : Kennedy, Bird, Reid

In : ROK, Mitchell, Someone to replace Ried's role - not sure who that would be Naismith, Nankervis, LRT ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post

In : ROK, Mitchell, Someone to replace Ried's role - not sure who that would be Naismith, Nankervis, LRT ?
    Pyke may require some help in the ruck. We don't want him to be worn out before finals and if Reid is out someone may have to come in to fill that role which could be nankervis.
    Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post

Membrey??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

I've spoken before about how the Swans use three slower in and under midfielders (Bird, Parker, Kennedy).

Two of those guys are likely to be outs so they should be replaced by similar players to keep the same system. Mitchell and Hewitt are in and under slower paced midfielders and will be able to team up with Parker to keep the existing system.
    We're the replacement inside midfielders for the Sydney Swans. We are here to preserve the existing system.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast