Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy ageing faster than you would think

Buddy ageing faster than you would think

In the AFL's 'talking points Swans V's Saints' they have Buddy as being 37.
    Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    In the AFL's 'talking points Swans V's Saints' they have Buddy as being 37.
    Time sure flies when you are having fun.
    We better sign him up to a new deal if that's the case he will be out of contract!

Just wild about Harry
    Apparently Brereton has made the comment that Buddy has about 40 more games in him, so maybe it's true! .

I'll have what he's having.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Apparently Brereton has made the comment that Buddy has about 40 more games in him .
    That's just wishful thinking, from a bitter narcissist, who spends an unhealthy amount of time reflecting on his own buffoonery.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Suspended by the MRP
    Apparently Brereton has made the comment that Buddy has about 40 more games in him, so maybe it's true! .
    Breretons body failed him in his late 20s. That's the position he comes from. Brereton was a harder player than Buddy and at 186cm (same height as Heeney) was throwing himself into bigger opponents and big packs. This took a great toll on his body.

Buddy is a bigger and superior athlete to Brereton and does not throw himself in as recklessly as Brereton. That is why he will last longer.

Goes up to 11
    Dermie comes across as a bit of a tosser (ok a bit more than a bit), but he actually talks a reasonable about of sense when he's talking about footy. He also tells some pretty funny stories, and often against himself, which is sorta cute. I often find myself liking him although I don't want to, and thinking he talks sense when he shouldn't.

I just think he's really wrong on this one.

Dermie likes to write controversial pieces so everyone will read it and talk about him. He definitely is a narcissist.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Dermie comes across as a bit of a tosser (ok a bit more than a bit), but he actually talks a reasonable about of sense when he's talking about footy. He also tells some pretty funny stories, and often against himself, which is sorta cute. I often find myself liking him although I don't want to, and thinking he talks sense when he shouldn't.

I just think he's really wrong on this one.
    If I'm honest, Dermie's actually one of my favourite commentators because of those reasons you pointed out.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

That's typical of him. He comes across as authoritative, but 99% of the time he is absolutely full of it. He also has a fixation with big men...
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    That's typical of him. He comes across as authoritative, but 99% of the time he is absolutely full of it. He also has a fixation with big men...
    Yes. He also invented the term "fat side" and thereby reserved a permanent place for himself in the annals of football idiocy. He cemented that place with the statement that a player had "good hands below his knees", and continues to blather on about players being "good by foot" instead of being a good kick. At least Jack Dyer's verbal blunderings were funny. Brereton's are utterly pretentious.

And Matt, if he generalises his own experience of physical deterioration to players like Buddy, it just further reinforces the impression that he is a narcissist. It is a profoundly stupid comment.

Along with Eddie McGuire and Brian Taylor, he is a blight on the AFL commentating landscape.

Thought Dermie was fresh and honest at the beginning.
    when others were all slamming him, to me he was fun to listen to.
    That was many years ago, before I switched bandwagons

For special comments I don't think you can go past Matthews or Carey.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea if what I just posted is considered off topic, having just seen the title.
    Sorry.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast