Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jake Lloyd Rising Star Nomination

Jake Lloyd Rising Star Nomination

How brilliant and a just reward, I'm absolutely loving this kid and the way he goes about his business and I'm glad he's getting the recognition he deserves.

Congratulations to him.
    Very much deserved

one of my favourite new players! So glad he's being recognised for his efforts

Goes up to 11
    Great work - I didn't expect him to get as many games in this year as he has, and he's been excellent! Well deserved...

Me too. He is a lovely kick and his calmness under pressure shows maturity way beyond his age and experience.

Regular in the Side
    I like this kid. Well done! congratulations! two rising star nominations in a year - first time since 2003 when we had LRT and Adam Schneider. Just perfect timing when LRT is retiring. Hope that Jake will have a career as good as LRT's!!!

Senior Player
    Thought he was terrific on Saturday, very composed and a great kick. Where do we find these cool collected youngsters! (AJ, Rampe, Lloyd). Much deserved.

About time is all I have to say to that.

One of the commentators says - He doesn't make mistakes and he gets it done - perfect summary.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I wonder when the last time was that a team had two Rising Star nominations in a season both from the Rookie List? Hats off to you, Kinnear.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    He does EVERYTHING right.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    I wonder when the last time was that a team had two Rising Star nominations in a season both from the Rookie List? Hats off to you, Kinnear.
    Not sure of the answer to your question, but this brings to (at least) 5 the number of ex-rookie listed players at the Swans to have received RS nominations - with Kennelly, Jack and Bevo preceding Harry and Jake.

I started following the Swans because of Jake. Not that I know him just know a friend of his and back in 2012 he said "watch this kid he is special". So being a league nut (still am) my education of the finer points of the game have come from following Jakes progress. The thing I think he does extremely well is in the pack he can get the ball and make an effective disposal. And isn't that worth currency? At his best his contact with the ball seems to barely a second. I think for that reason he is not the "star" type of player.

I was excited for Harry Cunningham to get his nomination. He has that "star" quality that is entertaining. Well done to both.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast