Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Dogs

Not happy with some of the slack delivery and Tip & Buddy sometimes are beig a bit lazy by just putting their hands up but no making the move. The Bud less so than Tip. But in all it has been a pretty good display. We reallt need to tidy up the delivery though. Impressed with some of the work Towers has done, while not a star he has impscted the contest by shutting down his opponent who is pretty big in the Bullies back surge. Biggs has taken Griffin out of the game.

I thought Geelong got found out against the Hawks last night. Regardless of their ladder position, they're well behind the other three in the top 4.

The Dogs haven't been playing too badly. They made some woeful turnovers in the first quarter which we scored off, and they just don't have a big defender or a big marking targets.

The highlight for mine in that quarter was that team goal by Goodes which started from Mitchell winning the ball against two Dogs.

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I believe he was referring to the other Geelong game when the Swans trashed them by 100+ points.
    Oops. That'll do me!

Tippett on the bench is safe but that's not what Kurts are built for.

The Tree Is Out There treespirit's Avatar
    That last shot by Buddy there were 11 dogs to 6 Swans between him and the goal.

Buddy's pretty much a lock for the Coleman, even if he doesn't play next week.

OK, Ch. 7, why didn't you wait a few more minutes before showing as Seinfeld rerun? That channel is terrible.

Suspended by the MRP
    Good work from Mitchell. Came in and did his job.

I'm starting to wonder if Sam Reid is one tall too many in this system. Towers pace and defensive pressure is quite handy.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Sam Reid is one tall too many in this system. Towers pace and defensive pressure is quite handy.
    Reid is no slow coach, in fact he tested faster than Jetta and Rohan at the draft combine.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

Yes Mitchell played his role well. I'm don't think he was any better than bird would have been. Reid is an intersting one. He definitely provides ruck relief and can play a number of roles around the ground but towers did play well yes. I think Reid is still going to be important to us especially when goodes retires. A plethora of choices. It's a good position to be in.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Reid is no slow coach, in fact he tested faster than Jetta and Rohan at the draft combine.
    Reid was faster than Rohan and Jetta over 20m?

I don't think Reid is a slow runner. There is an agility difference in players 196cm (Reid ) and Towers 188cm. Towers is the combine all time record vertical leaper!

Warming the Bench
    Very glad I sat down the end we were kicking to in he 1st and 3rd!
    There were lulls in the game when you could actually hear the players quite clearly just talking amongst themselves, not even yelling and I was sitting in the 2nd tier behind the goals! Eery stuff

Pretty good game I thought, nothing fancy just a solid 90% effort was required today. Well done lads

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast