View Poll Results: Will ROK get a farewell game?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

4 6.45%
  • Only if injuries/suspensions hit

12 19.35%
  • No

38 61.29%
  • ROK is hot

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Tigers (aka will ROK get a farewell game?)

Agreed ugg. The ideal system is Reid taking ball ups and throw ins in the back half and chopping out in the centre when Pyke needs a rest. Tippett can handle rucking in the forward 50.

Generally, I'm opposed to resting players. We should get our best squad out there and gelling together. It's a poor attitude to take into the first week of the finals to basically not show up. If players want a rest then all they need to do is win the next two games.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Outs - Buddy (rested), Kiran Jack (rested), Jarrod Mcveigh (rested) Adam Goodes (rested), Mike Pyke (rested), Lewis Jetta (rested), Ted Richards (rested), Nick Malceski (rested)

Ins - Mglynn, Bird, Kenndy, Reid, Walsh, Membrey, Jones, Naismith
    Completely mess with a winning combination a week before finals? Give it a rest

Outs - Buddy (rested), Kiran Jack (rested), Jarrod Mcveigh (rested) Adam Goodes (rested), Mike Pyke (rested), Lewis Jetta (rested), Ted Richards (rested), Nick Malceski (rested)

You just looove controversy!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Sorry ROK.

Onwards to victory!
    Yep, sorry ROK, it's for the greater good...

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    You cats suck. Send him off in style.
    Sorry Stella, sorry ROK! Have loved ROK as a Swan so I really am sad. But that's the way professional footy goes sometimes.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by SA Swan View Post
    You just looove controversy!!
    If any of the above players that I've suggested to rest get injured in the Tigers game, you would be kicking yourself.

The ins are quite handy and the team would not lose much. Sam Reid needs a chance to play a key forward post to built his confidence. He can't do that with Tippett and Buddy in the team. You can't let anything happen to Pyke. Mglynn need to build some match fitness in the midfield. Its easier to do that with Mcveigh and Jack out if the team.

That's not JohnLongmireElectricPace80TacklesHorseball! Won't happen.

If any of the above players that I've suggested to rest get injured in the Tigers game, you would be kicking yourself.
    True enough, but your shot-gun approach with theories (ie proposing a plethora of different ones, week after week) means sooner or later one is going to hit the mark. Kind of like Jetta's goal kicking in 2010 ... he had to get one right eventually

No doubt, who ever goes out next week, and beyond, will be unlucky.

Biggs did an outstanding job on Griffin today...Love to see how he goes on Martin next week.

Bird won't play next week, according to Horse.

I like Reid, but the balance today looked better without him.

So for me....

IN : Kennedy, McGlynn

OUT : Towers, Laidler....

So my team for next week...

B : Smith Richards Rampe
    HB : Malceski Grundy Rohan
    C : Jetta Jack Hannebery
    HF : Parker Franklin Goodes
    F : Cunningham Tippett McGlynn
    FOL : Pyke Kennedy McVeigh
    INT : Biggs Lloyd Mitchell
    SUB : Shaw
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

WHoa... as powerful as we RWO posters might be, we can't be held responsible for player injuries.

The theory of 'resting' is to give players who are not injured the chance to freshen up. If you want to avoid injuries you'd send out your rookies and topups.

Personally I don't like en masse resting of players, ROss Lyon-style - it's cynical gamesmanship. But if one or two players are rested in a dead rubber so as not to risk further injury, like Josh and I suspect Reid today, seems fair enough. But it has to be done on the basis of their medical condition, not just according to a random list.

It's got nothing to do with being professional or whatever.

You cannot give a farewell game to someone who hasn't retired....shall we give Goodes a farewell game too?

As always, I vote ROK is HOT.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Goes up to 11
    a) injuries are always a possibility - it's footy.

b) Longmire has said he will not rest players. As we have seen, if someone is not 100% they will not play, but there's been no resting. It's not part of any system he employs.

c) have we looked like a tired team with players who need a rest over the last few weeks? Hardly.

d) Freo have at times chosen to rest players, but that's very much due to the amount of travel the west coast teams have to do. Whilst Homebush is a fair way away from home for the next 2 weeks, it's not an insurmountable distance in the great scheme of things.

e) win in two weeks time and we all get a weeks rest.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast