View Poll Results: Will ROK get a farewell game?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

4 6.45%
  • Only if injuries/suspensions hit

12 19.35%
  • No

38 61.29%
  • ROK is hot

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Tigers (aka will ROK get a farewell game?)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    You've nailed the problem with that idea on the head when you talk about defensive pressure. Teams have already exploited Goodesy on this basis, and would do the same to ROK - we can just about carry Goodesy in that sense, but we can't also carry ROK (especially when you consider that Tippett is no prime mover defensively either). Not in modern footy.
    Yeh i didn't mean for us I meant for another team! Even a Freo for example...Pavlich is really their only marking option because Mayne has struggled and they'd cover ROK's lack of forwrad pressure with the likes of Ballantyne and Walters buzzing around. Doubt it will happen, just a thought!
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Bird won't be back this week. And I wouldn't be surprised if they are conservative with Kennedy, McGlynn and Reid and give them another week to treat their injuries. It would be devastating if Benny missed another premiership medal.

I would like to see Hewett get a run and it worries me seeing Tippett providing ruck relief.

In: Hewett, Naismith
    Out: Towers, Goodes

On the Rookie List
    Players would rather play too even carrying a niggle.Resting does not always lead to better performance as any sportsperson knows to keep your "touch" you need to be in the game not watching it .

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Players would rather play too even carrying a niggle.Resting does not always lead to better performance as any sportsperson knows to keep your "touch" you need to be in the game not watching it .
    Correct. McGlynn and Kennedy should ideally play this week for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Out: Towers, Shaw, Biggs
    Ins: McGlynn, Bird, Kennedy

McVeigh can move to half-back. Jack, McGlynn and Parker can rotate through the forward line.

I think Reid has had a poor few weeks and probably cops a lot of hits in those contested marks. Could probably do with a rest. If he's good to go, I'd bring him in for Laidler in defence.
    Bird is not ready to come back yet, still injured. Try again

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    If a player is carrying a niggle as you put it they should not play. They should do the team thing and pull out until they are right. Yes you need to keep in tough by playing but it is no good if the niggle turns into a hammy or worse.

Longmire is not going to make wholesale changes. He never does.

1. Biggs last two weeks on two stars of the game have been sensational. His ability to shut them down is something we have been lacking. The wonderful thing is he doesn't lack either height or pace. I say he will play on either Martin or Cotchin.

2. Shaw was not just out of touch last week. He was badly out of touch and we can't carry anyone at this time of year. He goes.

3. Sammy Reid has not been playing so well even before he got injured. He does fill a role as second ruck but not so well. His tap out figures are atrocious and I think towers probably did as well. He has been dropping marks and needs to find some touch. The Twos is the place for him at this time. Pity they are not playing this week.

4. Dean Towers has improved every game but I think it is early days for Deano. He gets a rest this week.

5. Mitchell will play and I think there will only be two changes unless there are players who have niggles and need to rest due to soreness.

In; Joey & Benny

Out; Deano & Rhyce

Even though I agree about Shaw's game being sub standard....I'll bet anything they won't drop him this week.

They'll see this as a chance to get another game into him before the finals...The coaches love his leadership.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Longmire is not going to make wholesale changes. He never does.

1. Biggs last two weeks on two stars of the game have been sensational. His ability to shut them down is something we have been lacking. The wonderful thing is he doesn't lack either height or pace. I say he will play on either Martin or Cotchin.

2. Shaw was not just out of touch last week. He was badly out of touch and we can't carry anyone at this time of year. He goes.

3. Sammy Reid has not been playing so well even before he got injured. He does fill a role as second ruck but not so well. His tap out figures are atrocious and I think towers probably did as well. He has been dropping marks and needs to find some touch. The Twos is the place for him at this time. Pity they are not playing this week.

4. Dean Towers has improved every game but I think it is early days for Deano. He gets a rest this week.

5. Mitchell will play and I think there will only be two changes unless there are players who have niggles and need to rest due to soreness.

In; Joey & Benny

Out; Deano & Rhyce
    I don't really disagree, but perhaps you are jumping the gun on Shaw and Reid.

Shaw has had a good season. He did well on his return from the ankle injury. True, he had an inauspicious return last week, but it's only one week. I really like Biggs, but would hate to write-off a tough experienced campaigner like Rhyce Shaw at finals time.

Reid had quite good middle part of the season. He's been down in recent weeks, but perhaps that's due to the groin soreness mentioned in the injury report. Reid will have a problem making an impact up forward, but would prefer him to Laidler in defence. His height and pace can be put to good use. He also provides a good marking outlet on the kickouts from defence. We really don't have a tall marking defender; most of our guys prefer to spoil.

Veterans List
    I think it will be "Horses for courses". So Biggs stays to put on the tag. As a matter of fact may have found his ideal role and stay on. Biggs tags and Kj gets off the leash. No shortage of options.

Happy and I know it
    From the Swans: Swans to pay tribute to O?Keefe - sydneyswans.com.au

THE Sydney Swans will pay tribute to dual premiership champion Ryan O?Keefe at this Saturday?s match against Richmond at ANZ Stadium.

O?Keefe, who sits fourth on the all-time games record list for the Swans with 286, will feature in a lap of honour at half-time of the Swans final home and away match of the season.

While O?Keefe has not played senior football since round four, he is yet to make a decision about his future in the game.

O'Keefe was drafted to the Swans as a fourth round selection (pick 56 overall) in the 1999 National Draft.

He made his senior debut in round 10, 2000 against the Western Bulldogs.

He was All-Australian in 2006 and Club Champion in 2009.

More to come at 9.45am

RYAN O'KEEFE
    286 games (4th overall). 24 finals (2nd overall).
    Premierships 2005, 2012. Grand Final 2006.
    Norm Smith Medal 2012.
    All-Australian 2006.
    International Rules 2005, 2006. Jim Stynes Medal 2006.
    Club Champion 2009.
    Swans Rising Star 2001.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Announcing his retirement at 9.45 perhaps?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast