View Poll Results: Will ROK get a farewell game?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

4 6.45%
  • Only if injuries/suspensions hit

12 19.35%
  • No

38 61.29%
  • ROK is hot

11 17.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v Tigers (aka will ROK get a farewell game?)

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Changes v Tigers (aka will ROK get a farewell game?)

Top spot relatively secure, a few players with niggles and injuries, no Reserves game due to them getting week 1 of the NEAFL finals off, surely it's the perfect opportunity to send one of our club legends out in style.

And it wouldn't be a ROK thread without a poll, so vote on.

I've voted no, because this is a great opportunity for a test run at ANZ stadium before the finals start the following week. I'm sure that Longmire will put all the players he's planning to use in the finals on the paddock against the Tigers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I've voted no, because this is a great opportunity for a test run at ANZ stadium before the finals start the following week. I'm sure that Longmire will put all the players he's planning to use in the finals on the paddock against the Tigers.
    +1. A few weeks ago I was hoping for a ROK farewell game, but after listening to Horse and ROK comments, that is not going to happen.

Horse is very focused on this years premiership and to copy that famous saying - will do whatever it takes to win this year.

+2.

ROK could have shared the walk around lap of honour with LRT last week at the SCG if he had announced his retirement. We would have given him the same love we gave Lewie.

I respect ROK 's wish to play on (now probably with another club) and therefore not retire. But with that decision goes our chance to farewell him in the way we would prefer. Sentiment cannot over rule whatever Longmire thinks needs to be done in the best interests of the the team at this time of the year.

Out: Towers, Shaw, Biggs
    Ins: McGlynn, Bird, Kennedy

McVeigh can move to half-back. Jack, McGlynn and Parker can rotate through the forward line.

I think Reid has had a poor few weeks and probably cops a lot of hits in those contested marks. Could probably do with a rest. If he's good to go, I'd bring him in for Laidler in defence.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You cats suck. Send him off in style.

Suspended by the MRP
    Outs - Buddy (rested), Kiran Jack (rested), Jarrod Mcveigh (rested) Adam Goodes (rested), Mike Pyke (rested), Lewis Jetta (rested), Ted Richards (rested), Nick Malceski (rested)

Ins - Mglynn, Bird, Kenndy, Reid, Walsh, Membrey, Jones, Naismith

I do think our team structure is better without Reid and his form hasn't been too flash either so I'd say currently hes not in our best 22
    Who knows what team changes we have in store with the top spot sewn up.

How wise is it though to depend on Tippett as our 2nd ruckman given his knee issues during the season. I will be very interested in how he pulls up after today's game

Where's the 'no... he's too exhausted from his 30 day challenge' option in the poll?

Isn't it only day 10?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    You cats suck. Send him off in style.
    Sorry ROK.

Onwards to victory!

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast