Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was Buddy This Good?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    His bag of tricks not just one off but throughout the game are astonishing. 'Taking care' of a rival with one arm , and marking the ball with the other, weighing up several options before offloading , or squeezing through impossible gaps . His long range field kicking to advantage and his reflex snaps are as good as you going to see.
    When he kicks for goal, the ball seems to be turbo charged with rocket fuel as it arrows sublimely towards the left goal post , obeys the radar detector, and curves sublimely over the umps hat then destroys a few more chairs in the stands.
    He's got a funny walk , a happy face, a look philosophical resignation if something impossible doesn't quite come off and doesn't seem to get angry a la Barry .
    Thank you to whatever planet he came from .
    and his bag of tricks got better yesterday when he kicked one of his first qtr goals deliberately into the ground to bounce it over the head of his opponent thru for a goal - hasn't rec'd a lot of comment but watching it live was quite amazing how quickly he summed up the situation and acted

He's always been this good. Have a look at his averages over the last 6-7 seasons - he's pretty much right on the mark in 2014. When you compare his goalkicking feats to others of his era, you realise what a machine he is.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    and his bag of tricks got better yesterday when he kicked one of his first qtr goals deliberately into the ground to bounce it over the head of his opponent thru for a goal - hasn't rec'd a lot of comment but watching it live was quite amazing how quickly he summed up the situation and acted
    Not sure that was planned, but I take your point.

To be honest, I am enjoying his company much more than I expected to. I enjoy his happiness. He doesn't display any stress whatsoever, which is such a satisfying thing. Just thinking about how BBB finished up, he was just radiating stress. Loved him, but I am enjoying Buddy's persona, just as much as his ability and application.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Impossible for any of us to say (whether he is better or worse than recent history)
    we'd need more impartial opinions.
    But he sure seems to have deepened his bag of tricks
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12