Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Buddy This Good?

Was Buddy This Good?

Was Buddy this good for the hawks the past few years? Obviously there was 2008 and also the 13 goal game. Admittedly, I hadn't watched a lot of the hawks. Had he been as influential for the hawks as he has been for us?

I was wondering this today. He really compliments our team set-up and seems to be in career best form.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    2008 was as good a season as you'd see and he's not there, but he's been mighty

I didn't watch him throughout the 2008 season (except the 100th goal game) even if he hasn't reached that level, as you say, he has been an astute signing

Veterans List
    Listening to the commentators they say that Buddy has improved his defensive side since he has been at the swans. He places pressure on the opposition when he doesn't have the ball. (Although sometimes I worry he is going to do something silly and get himself in trouble!)

His contested marking has improved as well. If he continues as he's done this season and we play into the last week of September he'll end up with his 2nd highest career CM total, second only to his breakout 2008 season.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Silly question, he did win two Coleman medals before moving to Bondi to partake in the "culture" (stolen from Ashley Browne's After the Siren column on afl.com.au)!

His bag of tricks not just one off but throughout the game are astonishing. 'Taking care' of a rival with one arm , and marking the ball with the other, weighing up several options before offloading , or squeezing through impossible gaps . His long range field kicking to advantage and his reflex snaps are as good as you going to see.
    When he kicks for goal, the ball seems to be turbo charged with rocket fuel as it arrows sublimely towards the left goal post , obeys the radar detector, and curves sublimely over the umps hat then destroys a few more chairs in the stands.
    He's got a funny walk , a happy face, a look philosophical resignation if something impossible doesn't quite come off and doesn't seem to get angry a la Barry .
    Thank you to whatever planet he came from .

Blog Entries
    Spot on HP.

I just wish he'd stop trying the impossible sometimes by trying to run around players standing the mark.
    He was lucky to not get pinged for HTB yesterday against Cross.

When it works it looks great, but when it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Silly question, he did win two Coleman medals before moving to Bondi to partake in the "culture" (stolen from Ashley Browne's After the Siren column on afl.com.au)!
    Don't think it's a "silly question". He can hardly have won 2 Coleman's since moving. But his form since he arrived, his form has been comparable to his best at the Hawks

Blog Entries

I was so impressed last week when he ran down one of the opposition with such determination to make a tackle. When commented about how 9 goals could have been more he said he was "shot". He had given his all. There may be proof that he is more a team player and doing more. This is not a negative on what he did at Hawthorn or on Hawthorn just to say slightly different role. If he was playing the same role at last week for Hawthorn his 9 effort could have been 11(?). Anyway he is doing ok as a first year player (for us)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast