Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jack

Brandon Jack

I wonder what the future holds for Brandon.

He's been in the system for a few years now but has been unable to hold down a spot in the seniors.

His reserves form also appears a little patchy.

He seems to of slipped down the pecking order, in an increasingly congested group of fringe players.

I suspect the club will stick fat with him for 1 more year...If so, he needs to make it a defining one.

I hope so, he's got some great attributes and he's fun to watch....Bit like an untrained puppy.

Others views?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Pretty tough side to break into.

Stringing together some senior games would help, which he just doesn't have the opportunity at the Swans.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Brandon was upgraded to the senior list in last year's draft and is contracted until end 2015. So I think he has most of next season to win his spot.

Veteran Site Admin
    Agree with Meg. He's been "in the system" for barely two years. He was a very inexperienced player when he joined the club, having only taken up the sport well into his teens. He was selected for his attributes and potential more than his existing skill. That he managed to improve enough to earn senior games last year is quite amazing given where he came from.

At the same age, his older brother had spent two years on the rookie list, earning temporary senior promotion midway through the year for a couple of games, games that had some on here writing him off as not good enough. It wasn't until the start of the next season that he started to establish himself in the senior team. And that was despite taking the game up at an earlier age and captaining NSW at U18 level.

He has in his favour the fact he possesses an attribute Longmire places great stock in - namely speed. So long as he knuckles down, works hard, puts on some more size and continues to work on his skills and game know-how, he has plenty of time left to prove he's good enough. He's definitely contracted for next year.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree with Meg. He's been "in the system" for barely two years. He was a very inexperienced player when he joined the club, having only taken up the sport well into his teens. He was selected for his attributes and potential more than his existing skill. That he managed to improve enough to earn senior games last year is quite amazing given where he came from.

At the same age, his older brother had spent two years on the rookie list, earning temporary senior promotion midway through the year for a couple of games, games that had some on here writing him off as not good enough. It wasn't until the start of the next season that he started to establish himself in the senior team. And that was despite taking the game up at an earlier age and captaining NSW at U18 level.

He has in his favour the fact he possesses an attribute Longmire places great stock in - namely speed. So long as he knuckles down, works hard, puts on some more size and continues to work on his skills and game know-how, he has plenty of time left to prove he's good enough. He's definitely contracted for next year.
    Very well said. I like his pace and his tackling. He has time. Harry Cunningham exploded in year three after two years on the Swans list.

I do sometimes wonder though if recruiters see the older brother in players they recruit. I believe that blood lines have probably helped Brandon Jack. The same goes for X Richards.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    B.Jack would have played the majority of the season at basically any other AFL club...he was pretty stiff to get dropped and showed plenty in the games he did play.

Even if he plays 200 games he most likely won't ever have huge posession numbers like his brother but there's no reason he can't be an X-factor wing/half forward type. His toughness and willingness to learn can't be questioned either. Great kid.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Needs to show a lot more imo.

Well off the pace (despite the pace)
    -

Coming along nicely I reckon. I get a bit sick of the comparisons to his brother.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Whilst agree with your assessment Liz, as Ernie points out ?he seems to of slipped down the pecking order, in an increasingly congested group of fringe players?. Lloyd, Cunningham and Mitchell sit ahead of him in the pecking order. IMO Hewett and Jones have also moved ahead of him. And even though they are not at the club yet, if the hype is to be believed, Heeney and Mills would probably slot in ahead of him as well. So it is hard to really know exactly where he sits in the pecking order. I guess his biggest asset is his pace. I don?t think his decision making is yet working at that same pace. If he does, he could become a real asset and he may leap frog those ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Very well said. I like his pace and his tackling. He has time. Harry Cunningham exploded in year three after two years on the Swans list.

I do sometimes wonder though if recruiters see the older brother in players they recruit. I believe that blood lines have probably helped Brandon Jack. The same goes for X Richards.
    Max Otten?
    Ricky O'Loughlin?
    Trevor Mitchell? (Barry's brother)
    Mark Bayes had a brother with us
    Michael Wright (Stevie's brother)

He's going along fine, another pre-season, in a good culture.
    Needs to develop like everyone at his age.
    My 19 yr old daughter just gave me a lift to the station . She drives like Riccardo , but on a wet road in Sydney .... Aaarrgghh

My daughter and I call him Mr Congeniality!
    Whenever he`s the sub, everytime someone comes off for a break he's standing at the inter-change gates to greet them and encourage them, he always gives players going onto the field a slap on the back/bum and always has a giant smile on his face! He reminds me of an over exuberant puppy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast