1:10 Holroyd Parramatta Goannas v Pennant Hills Demons Division One
    15:30 Western Suburbs Magpies v Sydney University Premier Division

Henson Park
    9:00 Nor-West Jets v Blacktown Magic Division Five
    11:10 Sydney University v UNSW/ES Bulldogs Division Four
    13:20 Nor-West Jets v Sydney University Division Three
    15:30 Western Suburbs Magpies v Manly Warringah Giants Division Two

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Thought the penno saints game was real even, could have gone either way. Interesting uni beat wests, did they bring many back from the neafl side?

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Thought the penno saints game was real even, could have gone either way. Interesting uni beat wests, did they bring many back from the neafl side?
    There were half a dozen blokes that might have played about 20 games of NEAFL between them this year. They'd predominantly played PD though.

Warming the Bench
    Looks like the flow through of players didn't stop at PD. Their Div 2 and Div 3 sides thrashed their opponents on the weekend.

Also, Macarthur Giants yesterday turned up to their U19 Div 2 Semi-Final with only 15 players. A pretty poor look for the game.

Almost Football Legend
    Thought the penno saints game was real even, could have gone either way.
    That game was a cracker. I'll have the article up this morning; but there were so many swings & roundabouts in that game. In the end it was Penno who fell over the line, but St George also put in an awesome effort.

Warming the Bench
    Penno v Manly at Blacktown just like last years grand final should be a fantastic match next week.
    Interestingly I saw that Robertson from Manly played in the reserves after breaking his leg in May or June. They have been going fine without him but he's a big addition, even if he plays forward.

Almost Football Legend
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online. Sorry I couldn't get it online last night - was in Melbourne yesterday & didn't get home till scandalously late.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainsofpain View Post
    Looks like the flow through of players didn't stop at PD. Their Div 2 and Div 3 sides thrashed their opponents on the weekend.
    It was more a function of having everyone available at this time of year. Looking at the team list, there were three or four players that had played a handful of PD games this season but had played an overwhelming majority of games in Div 2. Div 3 was a bit different in that they had five players that had played mainly Div 2 but as far as I understand they'll be unavailable this week due to our Div 2 team having the week off?

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    There were half a dozen blokes that might have played about 20 games of NEAFL between them this year. They'd predominantly played PD though.
    Sam Sleigh played 9 NEAFL games and David Johnson 10. Not sure of the other four that played a game between them

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Sam Sleigh played 9 NEAFL games and David Johnson 10. Not sure of the other four that played a game between them
    I didn't realize that those two had played so many games - I would have guessed half that. The actual total was 7 players who had a combined 35 NEAFL games (10, 9, 7, 5, 2, 1, 1). The composition of the team was probably not much different to most weeks.

As I understand the by-laws it is 6 games for the Club. For some reason the rule about playing 9 or more games at a higher level does not count if it is in a different competition. The NEAFL has a few byes so it is probably not hard to engineer the 6 Club Games required. As to it being in the spirit of the game ... that is an entirely different matter and SHH's observations make me concerned as to the Student's guesstimate.

In any event it will be a big ask to get over the Dragons this week ... not impossible but challenging. However the last three player numbers give it a clear ring of truth.
    Last edited by often_confused; 1st September 2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo

It's a disgrace, that's what it is. I don't mind losing a game, but when blokes who haven't played a game in that grade during the year can drop down a grade, the spirit of the game disappears. I'm glad I played my last game, but wish it was under different circumstances, like maybe playing the same side we played a few weeks back.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast