Thread: Balmain Dockers Womens team sponsored by Coogee Bowlo

Balmain Dockers Womens team sponsored by Coogee Bowlo

The original thread is locked so I'll start a new thread.

If you weren't aware, the Balmain Dockers women are sponsored by Coogee Bowlo. It's totally not unreasonable to ask why would an eastern suburbs bowlo sponsor an inner west footy club? Especially when there's plenty of Aussie Rules clubs that are geographically closer.

Also, if you goto http://drummoynesportsclub.com.au you will see official notice for DSC to amalgamate with Coogee Bowlo.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 11th November 2014 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Balmain Footy Club separate from DSC

Almost Football Legend
    Happy to allow discussion on sponsorship for the womens' footy club.
    Comments about governance of corporations are better left elsewhere. Social licensed clubs are seperate entities to football clubs.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    The Balmain Footy Club did some great work this year to take out the Div 1 premiership. There seemed to be a good vibe among the players and supporters that day - great to see them happy again.
    None of the previous people that had been involved in so much angst in previous years were there. They've moved on and the club's moved on. I'd be very wary about trying to re-open old wounds.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

I'm with Norris - a bit over all that Balmain stuff.
    For all the heat and innuendo, we didn't actually LEARN much about what was going on behind the scenes. Graft and corruption perhaps but we didn't get all the juicy bits.
    Steiger, you need to squeeze out something good for us or else get off the potty.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I'm with Norris - a bit over all that Balmain stuff.
    For all the heat and innuendo, we didn't actually LEARN much about what was going on behind the scenes. Graft and corruption perhaps but we didn't get all the juicy bits.
    Steiger, you need to squeeze out something good for us or else get off the potty.
    My original post has been edited and Norris has declared the sports club off limits in this forum. I respect his decision so this discussion is dead on r&w.