Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who's Superstitious?

Senior Player
    I am definitely supertitious when it comes to my two teams; Swannies and Chelsea FC.

Every time I wear the colours of my teams, they lose. I've gotten to the point where I won't even where the kit's sponsors brand the day/night of. It is ridiculously consistent. And I need help..
    C'mon Chels!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    This could be a superstition, unexplained causality or cold hard fact: finishing top 4 and losing to Richmond is a good combination.

2005: Lost to Richmond.
    2006: Defeated Richmond.
    2012: Lost to Richmond.
    2013: Defeated Richmond.
    2014: Lost to Richmond.

There seems to be a pleasingly regular alternating pattern as well.
    A few people have brought this one up on Twitter, I think it's just a coincidence, but having said that I feel that having a high pressure game like that just before the finals might be just what we needed, we've had a few easy games / regulation wins in the second half of the season. We need to approach every final like Richmond approached Round 23 and if we do that I believe there is an excellent chance that we will be lifting up the cup on grand final day.

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    I am definitely supertitious when it comes to my two teams; Swannies and Chelsea FC.

Every time I wear the colours of my teams, they lose. I've gotten to the point where I won't even where the kit's sponsors brand the day/night of. It is ridiculously consistent. And I need help..
    Can I make a request?

For the month of September can you dress in black and the day after the grand final wear your Chelsea gear as much as you want.

Veterans List
    Memories of my all time fave RWO thread, circa 2005, featuring the inimitable Sanecow.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Memories of my all time fave RWO thread, circa 2005, featuring the inimitable Sanecow.
    Where is Sanecow and ROK Lobster and Lucky Knickers and Legs Akimbo and .......
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Can I make a request?

For the month of September can you dress in black and the day after the grand final wear your Chelsea gear as much as you want.
    I am a wearer of black, particularly to games. But I think I can banish the Chelsea superstition for this season, no matter what I wear they'll be winning!! Who do you support?
    C'mon Chels!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Where is Sanecow and ROK Lobster and Lucky Knickers and Legs Akimbo and .......
    And Nick (NMBloods)? Who was the ubiquitous poster who always subtly ran the Swans and Roos down?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Can I make a request?

As a Manchester City Fan, I fully endorse this request
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    As a Manchester City Fan, I fully endorse this request
    Hehe
    C'mon Chels!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12