Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder

Tough footy so far - NT enjoying the wet more than the Swans boys.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Good 3rd quarter there, Swans came out with plenty of intent and did really well. Impressed by a number of them - (Matt80's lovechild ) Heeney is doing well, and Mills has shown some glimpses of his ability as well. Biggs has been solid so far today, and the two big lads (Naismith and Nankervis) are doing well in the ruck.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    How good is Abe Davis' hair?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    How good is Abe Davis' hair?
    Wasn't he in Mod Squad?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very impressive win to the Swans. Hope we can do this again next weekend.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Haha I think so ScottH!

Fantastic 2nd half, where the superior fitness of the Swans shone through.

Lots of good performances - Walsh was very good down back, Mitchell excellent in midfield and up forward, Naismith was great in the ruck. Really good 2nd half performance after a sloppy first half effort in trying conditions.

Regular in the Side
    FT Syd 107 NT 45

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Good 3rd quarter there, Swans came out with plenty of intent and did really well. Impressed by a number of them - (Matt80's lovechild ) Heeney is doing well, and Mills has shown some glimpses of his ability as well. Biggs has been solid so far today, and the two big lads (Naismith and Nankervis) are doing well in the ruck.
    How did Mills, Heeney and Hewitt finish the game? Did Mills and Heeney get a lot of midfield time?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    @swansreserves: Full time @swansreserves 16.11 (107) @NTThunderFC 6.9 (45) Goals: Towers 3 Hiscox 3 Membrey 2 TMitchell 2 Nankervis 2 Heeney 2 ROK Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    How did Mills, Heeney and Hewitt finish the game? Did Mills and Heeney get a lot of midfield time?
    Hewitt I thought was quiet today, I didn't really feel he got into the game (remember these are from just watching the stream per say and ugg etc that were there might have a better view on things).
    Heeney did some nice bits and pieces and he's a very nice kick of the ball - I do like the look of him.
    Mills did some good bits and pieces, but I cant say he did anything that really stood out - I don't think he got much playing time however?

Mitchell was excellent however

Suspended by the MRP
    Next week we can only pick 13 listed players as we are playing Aspley. This will be the hardest selection of the year. We have to pick 13 who will keep our structure.

Mills and Heeney will be vital.

This is my listed 13 I would pick.

Walsh
    Richards
    Naismith
    Toby N
    Membrey
    Tom Mitchell
    Hewitt
    Towers
    Biggs
    Jones
    B. Jack
    Laidler
    ROK

I've focused on selecting the key position players and having plenty of midfielders to run the game out. Mills and Heeney will help the midfield rotation.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best Players: , D. Robinson , T. Mitchell , J. Laidler , S. Naismith , T. Walsh , D. Towers

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast