Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Preliminary Final 2: Sydney Swans Reserves v NT Thunder

After the game (see videocast) AJ, Allir and Perris were walking around with the troups. AJ looked really happy. I'm not sure if he had a slight limp or was just ambling along.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    People outside the club don't realise just how much depth we have. (Maybe Mick Malthouse does, but not sure if he was just trolling).
    Good pick up Lud. Not necessarily trolling, but I'd say a definite piece of 'information manipulation', in that, he is trying to lure Mitchell to Carlton.

So he wants to give him the impression that he's no lock for a spot in our 22 next year and beyond...But would be a walk up starter for the Blues.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

With an injury-free pre-season, Mitchell is a lock for our best XXII.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    From watching the national champs and reserves streams I rekon Heeney is a bit more explosive off the mark than Hanners or Lloyd. Not as quick as Dangerfield but a similar initial burst. Spot on about his left foot as well Matt, not afraid to use it and normally uses it well. Being a two sided player is a massive weapon these days - just look at Sammy Mitchell! Hewett from all reports is pretty competent on both feet as well.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The NEAFL website just updated with the details

NEAFL Grand Final
    Aspley Hornets v Sydney Swans Reserves
    Sunday 14th September 1.45pm
    Graham Road, Aspley
    Ugg, the NEAFL website now seems to say Saturday. Am I reading the right thing, please?

NEAFL Grand Final
    Sydney Swans Reserves vs Aspley Hornets
    Graham Road Oval, Aspley
    Saturday September 13, 1:30pm

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Looks like they've changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Just finished watching the stream & I thought Tommy Walsh mostly looked composed. Strong in marking contests & if he didn't hold them, brought them to ground. Short passed accurately by foot, good penetrating long kicks and hands looked clean. But that was just my impression. From what I saw, I still think he has something to offer.
    I agree. I have been saying for quite a while now, including last year before he got injured, he is a backman. He is proving me right. I like his work back there. He played there a few times when the opposition had very tall forwards or resting rucks and did very well. That is why I thought he would do well if he stayed back. I hope we keep Tommy as that would mean having tommy, Aliir, Xav, Biggsie, Jonsie and AJ. Man that is some talented backs in the Twos. They will all make d�buts in the backline next year I'm sure. Speaking of Jonsie, there is one hard nut. I think he would crush Macadamia nuts shell & all in his bare hands. He got completely under the Thunder players skin and roughed them up. They replied by chasing swans players and returning the favour, only to give away heaps of frees. UI think in the end the Thunder players were just trying to injure a few of ours they were playing the man so often. Maybe hoping to give Aspley an easy go next week.

Hope you're right and Walsh gets another chance. You have to feel for him. Just as he was showing some form he did his hamstring while meantime the club recruited Tippett and Franklin. Between he, Xav, Reid, AA and AJ we surely have some decent tall backs.

Zak is already creating his own legend. I love how got his jumper shredded in his first league game and that he was so ferocious in the warmups in the TAC(?) games that he was excused from the pregame stuff. Apparently Nathan is the softie in the family.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    T.Walsh will be offered a one year contract I think...hopefully he gives it one more crack before he heads back home.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567