Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite game this season?

Senior Player

Your favourite game this season?

Now that the H&A season is over, I'd be interested to hear which game(s) people enjoyed most this year.

I made it to every home game except Pies and Hawks. Geelong at the SCG is my highlight, just because the ruthless annihilation was so unexpected. I've rarely seen us put a team to the sword like that, especially a good one. The only downside was the atmosphere: the crowd - a good one at 37355 - were almost silent, as if they could not believe what they were seeing.

I enjoyed Port at the SCG too, since they were highly fancied at the time, a great crowd and we held them off in an exciting finish.

If you can "enjoy" a loss...I thought round 1 was a timely reminder that when one team really wants it and the other can't be bothered to turn up, anything can happen. Plus the half-time thunderstorm was quite exciting.

I thought game against Port was one of the best for the year. Tough, close and full on for the whole game.

Seeing Buddy kick those 2 goals to win the game was outstanding and exhilarating to watch.

Also the win against Freo was great as we started to show how good we would become in 2014.

For me Geelong as well. During the last quarter of the Port game I spent hiding in a bar unable to watch unfolding it. It was very scary seeing Port coming back at us. I'm a wuss

Third quarter against Carlton. 10-4 to one behind. Awesome.

Blog Entries
    Geelong was the best win, but I'm sure the cats were worse than we were better.

Winning twice in Adelaide was pretty awesome.
    Once when we were crap, and we made our first statement of the year on the park.
    Then against one of the best teams of the year on their home turf.

And many of the wins have been more about the defence, rather than our fire power once again.

That third quarter against Carlton was fantastic.

The best day at the footy I had in the H&A season was at the Adelaide oval when we pummelled the crows. Was sat with a bunch of nice swans fans (and tolerable crows fans) and that ground is a great place to watch footy at now.

Worst game was the Hawks (a) - their fans turned it into a miserable night at the footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I loved Buddy's Big Night Out best of all. Even though I froze my butt off, and ankles, face, hands, lungs.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The Port game in Sydney with Buddy's last quarter.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

The win over Hawthorn was pretty good. Buddy kicks a million behinds and looks like losing the game then kicks a couple of miracle goals and we win. I was also in Adelaide for the Crows game and that was pretty cool.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Win against Freo in round 5
    Turning point of our season, great pressure footy

Or the win against Geelong just for the sheer dominance and display

Port game in Sydney, they were the hottest team in the comp at the time and we just got over them. Probably the best game of the year IMO

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Anytime we beat the Bombers or West Coast. These are my favourites.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast