Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Five Swans in AA squad

Five Swans in AA squad

Five players in the 40-member AA squad, equal with Hawks: Kennedy, Franklin, Malceski, Parker, Smith.

Probably more a surprise if any of those had missed out, though the story notes that McGlynn was probably unlucky.

Fresh faces aplenty as AFL names 40-man All Australian squad - AFL.com.au

Selection committee: Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Warren Tredrea.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I think Franklin and Malceski will make it and maybe Parker as a wild card on the bench

Good to see Smith finally getting some recognition even though its probably not been his best season ever

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Personally I think all 5 are a good chance of making it. Before going down Kennedy was a favourite for the Brownlow so even though he's missed the last 2 games I think he is all but a definite. They might end up choosing between the two Nicks for a defensive six spot which probably isn't fair but the selectors wouldn't want to be seen to be too Swans focused.

I think Smith will make it, but it will probably be Brodie. Parker 50-50, the other 3 are locks.

Parker I think will make it next year should he repeat his form next season. Do players often make it on their first nomination? I remember being quite surprised Jetta didn't make AA in 2012

Each there are a surprising number of new faces...Wingard last year (for example)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

my personal belief as argued earlier this season is that Luke Parker is bordering on Elite............ie he is in year 1 of his 3 years....... as most people believe one has to play 3 years at the level Luke is currently playing to be deemed as ELITE !

Exhibit A - Luke Parker being named in the All Aust Squad 40 Man Squad..............so far he is on track

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Only 1 ruckman? Did I miss someone?

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Jacobs and Sandilands.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Pushing for Selection
    Freo failed to have a defender in the 40. Second best defense in the league.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    Freo failed to have a defender in the 40. Second best defense in the league.
    Probably because their 2 best defenders have been out for considerable periods with injury during the year. Lee Spurr is a very good defender that gets little recognition. I put him in the same class as Nick Smith.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Parker is close to a lock on a forward flank. Benny definitely would have made the squad if he had played 2 or 3 more games. McVeigh stiff-ish but hard to know who you'd leave out...he hasn't really played a specific position consistently this year.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast