Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Five Swans in AA squad

Will be interesting to see if the team has an actual defender in the back pocket. They very rarely do...selecting 3 Talls and 3 running flankers/attacking players nearly every year. Even the 3rd tall is often an attacker rather than a defender (M. Johnson etc..). When Robbo did his AA he said he had to make a choice between Smith and Hibberd - but chose Hibberd because he is a better attacker! Sheesh! Dempster was possibly considered a defender but (IMO) Enright was one of the most over-rated players in the history of the game....small defender my backside....a good, creative player feeding off Scarlett's scraps!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Just pick the team. Picking a squad is such a cop-out.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Probably because their 2 best defenders have been out for considerable periods with injury during the year. Lee Spurr is a very good defender that gets little recognition. I put him in the same class as Nick Smith.
    I thought Johnson had a better year than Mackenzie and Rance. Spurr is very underrated.
    Using Tapatalk

Exhibit B - Luke Parker ELITE !!

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/luke-parke...03-10bvhf.html

"The 21-year-old was this week nominated for the Leigh Matthews Trophy or the 2014 AFL Players' Most Valued Player, alongside club superstars Lance Franklin and Josh Kennedy."

"They are qualities which have clearly been noticed by the teammates that put him up for the coveted award, which Longmire describes are "tremendous"."

elite1.jpg
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Exhibit C - Luke Parker BOG in first final vs Freeo 2014 !!!

Exhibit D - Jason Dunstall on the couch saying "Luke Parker is a star"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12