PlayerInjury29-07Injury05-08Injury12-08Injury19-08Injury26-08Injury02-09
    JohnsonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeason
    Bird      KneeTBAKnee1 wKneeTest
    Reid      HipTestGroinTest  
    Franklin  KneeTest        
    PerrisKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeasonKneeSeason
    McGlynn      Calf1 wCalfTestCalfTest
    T MitchellKneeTest          
    AliirShoulderSeasonShoulderSeasonShoulderSeasonShoulderSeasonShoulderSeasonShoulderSeason
    HanneberyAnkle internal sprain1 wAnkle internal sprainTest        
    MarshHamstringTest          
    ShawAnkleTest    AnkleTest    
    JonesAchillesTestAchillesTest        
    NankervisFingerTest          
    DerickxHamstring1-2 wHamstringTBAHamstringSeasonHamstringSeasonHamstringSeasonHamstringSeason
    Smith    BackTestBackTest    
    Robinson    GroinTest      
    Kennedy      HamstringTestHamstringTestHamstringTest
    B Jack        Ankle1 wAnkleTest

Not a bad list at this time of the year.

I'm very worried about Josh, I think we're not being told the full extent of his injury. If it were just hamstring tightness as we were told, why is he still not training with the main group like Benny is?

Hope I'm wrong....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I'm very worried about Josh, I think we're not being told the full extent of his injury. If it were just hamstring tightness as we were told, why is he still not training with the main group like Benny is?

Hope I'm wrong....
    I heard he was training with the main group.
    Only Bird was not.

Yes I agree, you'd think the only reason he didn't train yesterday would be if he's feeling continuing tightness in his hammy.

The way both Horse and Jack talked yesterday RE : returning players, was more optimistic hope than certainty.

Fingers Crossed. We need him to counter Mundy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I heard he was training with the main group.
    Only Bird was not.
    What I read was McGlynn trained with the main group. Bird and Kennedy did some light running away from the main group.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    What I read was McGlynn trained with the main group. Bird and Kennedy did some light running away from the main group.
    From an avid training watcher
    Matthew G Moses
    18 hrs � Sydney
    Training today: Ben McGlynn trained fully as did Buddy (the guy is a goal kicking freak I swear). Joey did a fair bit as did Pyke. Birdy did a light run. I think only Bird likely to miss from those guys from what I saw.

That sounds better than what I read, but still..."Joey did a fair bit" (but didn't train fully, like McGlynn did), is a bit of a worry for me...

The question is..Why didn't he train fully?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

The following from AFL website;

Brownlow Medal contender Kennedy has missed the past two matches with a hamstring injury, ending a run of 127 consecutive games.
    He was one of the last players onto the track on Tuesday and spent time running laps and doing agility work with fellow injured players Craig Bird (knee) and Brandon Jack (ankle), plus Ryan O'Keefe.
    Kennedy didn't train with the main group, but had a couple of shots on goal and did some stoppage work alongside Mike Pyke before hitting Dan Hannebery with a spearing pass from about 35m.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    The following from AFL website;

Brownlow Medal contender Kennedy has missed the past two matches with a hamstring injury, ending a run of 127 consecutive games.
    He was one of the last players onto the track on Tuesday and spent time running laps and doing agility work with fellow injured players Craig Bird (knee) and Brandon Jack (ankle), plus Ryan O'Keefe.
    Kennedy didn't train with the main group, but had a couple of shots on goal and did some stoppage work alongside Mike Pyke before hitting Dan Hannebery with a spearing pass from about 35m.
    Sounds like he can kick and thats the main issue with hamstrings. I think he will play.

They have another session tomorrow so they might have been easing Kennedy back with a lighter session before putting him through his paces on Thursday. If he doesn't get through that he won't play but I don't think there's too much cause for panic just yet.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If he's running, doing agility work and kicking then it's reasonable to think his hamstring is okay. If he's missed a couple of games and some training it would make sense that he would be on a slightly different program to everyone else.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time