Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: SCG final....maybe

After training so hard to acclimatise to the ANZ surface, why should be give up our advantage by transferring the game to the SCG?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    So we get precedence over the NRL?
    No, the NRL play there all season, they have precedence.

If the NRL have a final scheduled for the same Friday night, at ANZ, then the Swans would move to the SCG for their Friday prelim,

and the NRL play their final at ANZ.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    No, the NRL play there all season, they have precedence.

If the NRL have a final scheduled for the same Friday night, at ANZ, then the Swans would move to the SCG for their Friday prelim,

and the NRL play their final at ANZ.
    But the NRL won't be in a position to have scheduled a final for the Friday night when we will know whether we have a home prelim or not - they aren't into finals yet. Looking at the NRL ladder, its likely that the top 4 teams will all come from Sydney, so both finals in Week 2 of their finals (prelim final week in our) will be in Sydney. But they will use the SFS for at least one of those two finals you'd expect, rather than both at ANZ. And the key is that they won't be able to schedule any of that until after we have already won or lost our game on Saturday - hence I'd expect we will get in first (whether there is precedence or not - and I'm not sure its clear cut that there is).
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Happy and I know it

Statement from Andrew Ireland

An important overall update from chief executive Andrew Ireland on the eve of the finals: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...and-finals-eve

Some very interesting information in this statement.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Pushing for Selection
    Thanks for sharing that. Very interesting regarding the roof at ANZ. Nice work Erica
    Using Tapatalk

Statement from Andrew Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by BobLog View Post
    Very interesting regarding the roof at ANZ Stadium.
    Re roof on ANZ. A roof is a mixed blessing as has recently been discussed in regard to Etihad. While it is terrific for match days when there is bad weather, every day that the roof is closed is another day without sun and wind, two vital elements for grass growth. Given the grass is already a problem at ANZ, particularly as a lot of rugby matches are played there, a roof could further exacerbate the problem.

Suspended by the MRP
    The interesting part of the statement I believe was the references to the training and administrative facilities becoming tired. The issues with the training and administrative facilities are as follows:

- Office facilities becoming cramped as the organisation expands.
    - Lack of multiple outdoor training facilities and outdoor space.
    - A Gym that's too small, requiring the group to be split in three to do weight sessions.
    - Lack of a major indoor training facility.

It's a major concern in my opinion. There are very few options in the Eastern Suburbs to have a centre of excellence that has everything if you can't get improvement out of Moore Park.

The club can't go West of Canterbury Road to find space as the players would have to drive too far to training. This would frustrate recruits like Franklin and Tippett who enjoy a leisurely 15 minute drive to work from Bondi. This is one of the benefits they signed up for and forcing them to drive over 40 minutes west to work will leave them feeling disillusioned.

What are the options?

Plenty of empty office space in my building in the city. They should be able to grab a couple of floors. ?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Re the roof. I beleive it will be retractible, so the open area will be the same as it is now.
    A roof will allow them to determine how much water the grass gets and not leave it up to the rain gods.

Also, they already use lights to simulate sunshine for the grass.

Wind, you dont need

Youre wrong koala

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    A possible conundrum could arise should there be a NRL final scheduled for the Friday night at ANZ on prelim final weekend. (all assuming we beat Freo on Saturday touch wood) Would we have to forgo our earnt right as minor premiers to play on the Friday night and lose the advantage of another day's break or would the match be moved to the SCG instead?
    I think the Swans might put a few Hawthorn noses out of joint if they insist on a right to a Friday night final, should they win this weekend. So many Hawks people still haven't shut up about how they were robbed of their right to the Friday night prelim in 2012 and it was further evidence of the AFL conspiring to gift the Swans the premiership. While the highest ranked PFinalist had been granted the Friday game for a few years running up to 2012, it's not a codified right and is subject to other fixturing constraints, including the availability of grounds.

Even though most media pundits and non-Swans fans seem to think the SCG is a far better venue for games, and that finals would be better off there, I can imagine further uproar if we played at the SCG in a Friday PF because ANZ wasn't available then but it was available for a game on Saturday, given the AFL has a contract that gives priority for finals to ANZ if the ground is available.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think the Swans might put a few Hawthorn noses out of joint if they insist on a right to a Friday night final, should they win this weekend. So many Hawks people still haven't shut up about how they were robbed of their right to the Friday night prelim in 2012 and it was further evidence of the AFL conspiring to gift the Swans the premiership. While the highest ranked PFinalist had been granted the Friday game for a few years running up to 2012, it's not a codified right and is subject to other fixturing constraints, including the availability of grounds.

Even though most media pundits and non-Swans fans seem to think the SCG is a far better venue for games, and that finals would be better off there, I can imagine further uproar if we played at the SCG in a Friday PF because ANZ wasn't available then but it was available for a game on Saturday, given the AFL has a contract that gives priority for finals to ANZ if the ground is available.
    I'm sure I've already heard someone from the AFL (McLachlan maybe) say that if the swans win this week, they'll be playing on the Friday night in the Prelim.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast