Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke Ablett on Finals

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    He's great value, Luke. Seems he got compensated for the shortfall in Ablett football genes with common sense and empathy.
    A lot of the Abletts seem to be Right-wing politicians or Christian fundies, or both. Luke might not have been a champion footballer, but he sure got the brains and the heart.

Senior Player
    Not footy related, but more important - No Cookies | Herald Sun

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Indeed. And well done Luke.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I repeated a joke the other day "a man is brought before a judge and is asked why he beat his wife. He replies that he thinks it is because his faster hand speed and longer reach" At the time I thought it was funny but may be this is what Luke was saying. Maybe people like me should be considered part of the problem as well. hmm food for thought. Well written article.

Happy and I know it
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Another excellent article. Simple and down to earth, telling examples (I liked the one about Wayne Bennet). It deserves to be archived for future reference.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

When Nicksy retired I looked around for another Godson. (God I wish he was my son). I anointed Luke, and told Nicksy who said I had made a good choice. I agree, I did.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    This week, of course, is "being in the Grand Final".

What it's like to play in an AFL grand final: relief, guilt and joy | Luke Ablett | Sport | The Guardian

This is interesting:

There are a couple of distinct memories I have from a team perspective. In 2006 West Coast played a spare player in defence in the first half, which really threw us because for three years the games between the two sides had just been one-on-one footy and we�d prepared accordingly.

Senior Player

Senior Player
    fantastic piece again. I caught him on SEN the other week. Very well spoken, articulated and passionate man. All the best for NOG

Here it is and another interview on 774:
    https://soundcloud.com/search?q=luke%20ablett

Loved the article. A true Blood is our Luke. It reminded me of the hardness we had in the 2005/06 era. It also added to the hurt I feel about the efforts of the team last weekend and the lack of ticker by so many players in the first half: one kick apiece for Reid, Rampe, Jack, Jetta, McGlynn, and Parker. One kick. Goodness only knows what the guys from 2005/06 think about that.
    "Give a man an airline and he will rob the people. Give a man a government and he will rob the world"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12