Thread: Champs remembering their favourite finals

Champs remembering their favourite finals

Here we have Michael, Jude and Lewis talking about their involvement in past finals and their favourite moments. Also, they are reviewing the QF on Saturday.
    SwansTV: Around the Barrel: Ep. 1 - sydneyswans.com.au

Enjoy!

That's fantastic! They are in the hallowed environment of the SCG Members Bar without wearing ties. That wouldn't be allowed on game day!

Really enjoyed that

ladies and gentleman,

my prediction this weekend for the player that you dont expect to tip the game but does is none other then the Rooster.......the kid from Cobden .........GARY ROHAN !!!!!

Gary Rohan supergoal - Sydney Swans - Round 23 2011 vs Geelong Cats - YouTube

Gary has been building nicely, in fact he is beyond where I expected him to be for 2014........ and I just think that he will be a very very very difficult matchup for the Dockers and look for Gaz to shake up the Freeo team by standing up in the goal square in the first qtr !!!

Primarily because most of the matchups have absorbed amongst obvious players going to each other on Saturday.............but the likes of a Gary Rohan a player that can turn a trick and no one will be within 10m of him when he does - well you will have to weaken one of your matchups to go to him if he starts to burn

I think Gary personally must be saying to himself........here I am.........I have worked so bloody hard to get my body right my mind right and to be in a team for the finals.......its my time to take my game to another level

Gary brings an energy to the squad that not many others create..........when your fast flanker makes a break like he does and scores or setups a goal with indv brilliance it not only inspires your team mates but it truly crushes the opposition.....Ross will be saying i really dont want to weaken a midfield match up but I suspect he will have to go to Plan B which only helps our inside battle

SwansTV: Gary Rohan highlights - YouTube
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

and just a reminder .........we could enjoy another 3 years

SwansTV: Gary Rohan extends his contract - YouTube

The Rooster is up and about........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwT_nL9EvhE
    Last edited by Auntie.Gerald; 5th September 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    ladies and gentleman,

my prediction this weekend for the player that you dont expect to tip the game but does is none other then the Rooster.......the kid from Cobden .........GARY ROHAN !!!!!

Gary Rohan supergoal - Sydney Swans - Round 23 2011 vs Geelong Cats - YouTube

Gary has been building nicely, in fact he is beyond where I expected him to be for 2014........ and I just think that he will be a very very very difficult matchup for the Dockers and look for Gaz to shake up the Freeo team by standing up in the goal square in the first qtr !!!

Primarily because most of the matchups have absorbed amongst obvious players going to each other on Saturday.............but the likes of a Gary Rohan a player that can turn a trick and no one will be within 10m of him when he does - well you will have to weaken one of your matchups to go to him if he starts to burn

I think Gary personally must be saying to himself........here I am.........I have worked so bloody hard to get my body right my mind right and to be in a team for the finals.......its my time to take my game to another level

Gary brings an energy to the squad that not many others create..........when your fast flanker makes a break like he does and scores or setups a goal with indv brilliance it not only inspires your team mates but it truly crushes the opposition.....Ross will be saying i really dont want to weaken a midfield match up but I suspect he will have to go to Plan B which only helps our inside battle

SwansTV: Gary Rohan highlights - YouTube
    Absolutely!!
    I mentioned in another thread how much he has improved in the last few games at both ends of the game.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I was sitting just to one side of the bench the day he made his comeback and the cheer went up when he ran onto the ground to play for the first time in many slow months. He is already an alarmingly good player, very fast, good hands, accurate kick, crushing tackler, dangerous anywhere on the field. He will be keen to leave his mark on the finals while doing what the team wants; to use the club's favorite cliche, he will play his role and much, much more. His x-factor is, in my view, comparable with Buddy's. If he can reach his potential he will become a legendary player.
    Go Gaz!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Gaz has been really good the last month, and we are finally seeing him reach the level he had got to before that naughty boy from North Melbourne did that damage to him.

He has so much more upside, and hopefully the big games will bring the best out of him.

Watch for Luke Parker to go to another level as well - he is already fantastic, but I just know he is like Kennedy - when finals roll around, he will find another gear.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    Mickey O going nose to nose with the Weagle cheer squad. An all time Classic moment!

I'm expecting (hoping) Tippett to kick up 3 gears tomorrow. I think the whole reason we got him was for the Big Games. He's been nursed all the way through the H&A and I get the feeling it's almost time for him to cut loose. The best way to shred the "legendary" Freo defense is to chisel a gaping hole in it.