Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Dockers QF1

Swans v Dockers QF1

Well folks, considering I've been in Perth for work for the last couple of days and am flying home on the red eye tonight to be back for the game, along with plenty of Dockers fans, I thought I might do myself the honour of starting the match day thread. After all, it's still 10.30pm here so most of you guys are probably already getting a good night's sleep to be ready for the game. I won't have that but I'll be there anyway!

In any case, the mood over here among Dockers fans is genuinely pessimistic. I don't think they've considered the weather in Sydney mind you but they really feel that we are the best team in the comp and that they are unlikely to win. They also feel genuinely respectful to us and I have sensed none of the Sydney bashing that some supporters of our Victorian opposition clubs go on with. The relationship that we have with them based on the mutual West Coast rivalry seems to remain as strong as ever.

I should add that while I'm here I made a trip over to Virgin Airlines yesterday and fiddled with the thing that makes the plane fly, but don't tell anyone about that.

Swans by 19.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Latest news is that barring some late unfortunate mishap, we will go in as named which means Birdy is expected to play and will probably tag someone like Hill.

If Hill was watching his brother tonight and gains any inspiration from it, Bird is in for a tough afternoon.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Gee I hate the rain. Squares it up for me. Always feel like we are playing too tall for the wet.

Ball hits the deck in the forward line and just comes straight back out.

Woke up to pretty heavy rain this morning. Are we going in too tall?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Woke up to pretty heavy rain this morning. Are we going in too tall?
    Maybe a Tippett having knee soreness if it's too wet and slippery.

I am over this weather. 3 freaking weeks of rain in sydney.

All the same, I think we will win by 30 points.

My first post on RWO. Thanks for the plane niggle Doctor.

Benny McGlynn is a huge in for us in these conditions. Midfield clash will be key. If we can match it with the Dockers there we've got too many options forward and back.

Swans by 25 points.

Freo are also going in tall, unless Griffen is a late out for Crozier, which I think is highly likely (probably just mind games from Ross the Boss).

I honestly don't think the wet puts us at a huge disadvantage. Sure, it helps their small forwards but it negates their hitouts and quick hands and exposes their less mobile big men (we only have one genuine ruckman in the squad).

Very true Ampersand. I feel better already! Go tha Bloods!

Freemantle goal scorers this year are:
    Ballantyne 49
    Pavlich 42
    Fyfe 21; and then 18's to Stephen Hill and Danyle Pearce
    Walters has 11 from 6 games
    Taberner 7 from 7 games

I have confidence in Richards on Pavlich and Smith on Ballantyne, so Swans to kick the winning score based on our defence.

Looks like the rain has been heaviest on the coast, with showers inland. My West Coast student has been giving me the evil eye this week, claiming we tanked last week and denied the Weagles a place in the eight. The rivalry continues. He's sitting with the Purple Haze baying for Blood. Swans by 22.

Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast