Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction fr swans v Freo

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The stats speak otherwise. 2014 average crowd at scg is 32k. Average at ANZ is 33k.

Every other year ANZ is higher.
    This issue really isn't that relevant to me personally being a Victorian, but I'll pop in my 2c anyway - possibly from a less biased point of view.
    If those figures quoted are correct, then there is no reason to be playing at ANZ aside from some kind of additional revenue due to some special deal.
    I also see it as being important for the Swans to play at the SCG as much as possible, and to turn it into a 'fortress' of sorts.
    Finals are the time when it matters to play there most - couple of H & A games at ANZ per year I can live with, but we need every advantage we can get come finals...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Happy and I know it
    This game is over. Can we please close this thread now?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    This game is over. Can we please close this thread now?
    Wouldn't it be easier to not click through if you are not wanting to read any more about this subject ? Just wondering

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to not click through if you are not wanting to read any more about this subject ? Just wondering
    Yep, you're absolutely right Faunac8. See ya!
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    barry, my apologies if you've answered this before- purely out of curiosity, did you get along to many SCG games this year?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    barry, my apologies if you've answered this before- purely out of curiosity, did you get along to many SCG games this year?
    Feels like you're walking on egg shells there Stell.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Feels like you're walking on egg shells there Stell.
    It all does seem like a bit of a contentious issue! I'm honestly curious, I recall seeing similar queries but haven't seen a response (but haven't really looked to see if there was one).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It all does seem like a bit of a contentious issue! I'm honestly curious, I recall seeing similar queries but haven't seen a response (but haven't really looked to see if there was one).
    You'd have more hope of getting an answer to the question 'who killed JFK?'

The question has been asked multiple times whether said member has any additional memberships above their beloved ANZ membership, in particular a Swans membership, and no answer has been given. I think from the fact that no answer has been given and the member has been deathly silent on the matter, its reasonable to assume that said person is not a member of the Swans, and by default, is highly unlikely to have gone to many, if any games at the SCG this year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I follow the Swans, not a venue and I find the relentless championing of a venue in spite of the evidence (i.e. crowds yesterday) kinda irritating.

Our best final ever was at the SCG 9 years ago.

All the anti anz posters seem to want to find out my personal details. Where I live, whether I'm a member, how many games I've been to. Are you trying to make it personal? .i don't ask the same.

I'm not asking you to dislike the SCG. I'm asking you to tone down your hate of a perfectly good stadium in the west where all fans can be accomdated

fwiw, I've been to more SCG games than ANZ ones.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    All the anti anz posters seem to want to find out my personal details. Where I live, whether I'm a member, how many games I've been to. Are you trying to make it personal? .i don't ask the same.

I'm not asking you to dislike the SCG. I'm asking you to tone down your hate of a perfectly good stadium in the west where all fans can be accomdated

fwiw, I've been to more SCG games than ANZ ones.
    Noone wants your personal details Barry - all people have asked, which is a reasonable question (to give some reasonable context to your views) is whether your a Swans Member as well as being an AFL member? You are well within your rights to not give such information, but I don't think it is an unreasonable request either, given your ongoing staunch defence of ANZ and open hostility towards the SCG.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Noone wants your personal details Barry - all people have asked, which is a reasonable question (to give some reasonable context to your views) is whether your a Swans Member as well as being an AFL member? You are well within your rights to not give such information, but I don't think it is an unreasonable request either, given your ongoing staunch defence of ANZ and open hostility towards the SCG.
    It's an anonymous board. Would you believe anything you read. ?
    I aren't going down this road.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast