Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes and booing

Nice.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but a terrific and for me personally, emotional story in The Weekend Australian magazine.
    Titled Mob Rules Trent Dalton nails it. I am not sure if a link is available I couldn't find one without subscribing.

Did I hear St Kilda fans boo Goodesy in the first quarter the first time he touched the ball?
    The commentators called it everything but booing.

I haven't watched the second half yet... hope it stopped.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Nothing Major. They got into him on missed shots and walking in for shots. Nothing I was worried about on the Medallion wing.

Might have been more going on the closer you sat to their members on the opposite side.

St Kilda fan behind me, said to her friends im cheering him due to all that crap that has gone on. So that was nice, as i was interested how my day would go when the sat behind us.

I'm afraid it didn't stop AnnieH. It's disgraceful. Noone should should cop that every time they go to work.

Sorry, but I've been a big prosecutor of this fight here, on BigFooty, and on the radio.

The booing last night was next to non-existant. Those who did, you could actually hear them individually there were so few. The Herald Sun reporting of it is embarrassing.

There will always be a few dickheads. But by and large it was pretty good last night.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Did I hear St Kilda fans boo Goodesy in the first quarter the first time he touched the ball?
    The commentators called it everything but booing.

I haven't watched the second half yet... hope it stopped.
    Yep, his first touch was met with a chorus of boos. Subsequent touches were also booed, but not as badly as the first - though they may have just been drowned out after that as is seemed to me there were more Swans fans than Saints at the ground (that said, I was standing quite close to the Swans cheer squad for the most of the match...)

I was there last night. Kudos to Saints fans. Very little booing.

Loved our fans cheering the Schneider Man too.

There was a bit of booing but nothing like what he copped previously.

Had a quite few St Kilda fans around me but didn't hear any of them boo.

Don't have a problem with the booing as he's lining up for goal, particularly as he'd just got a very touchy 50 metre penalty. Any player would have been booed with that one.

What I do have an issue with is the Herald Sun reporting it as something that it wasn't and labelling St Kilda fans as something that they weren't. If you don't give the morons the air time or the publicity then its no longer "the" thing to do. The racists are then on their own and can't hide amongst the masses.

Goes up to 11
    Of course the media have picked it up again. Not particularly helpful. But yes the booing certainly was apparent on TV. Pretty poor form by the minority that was doing it. But it will continue during finals.

There really wasn't much of it yesterday. Shocking reporting. You'll never eliminate every idiot in the world.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

It happened the first touch but was either more muted or drowned out as the game went on. I agree with Doctor J about him being booed by an opposition crowd as he lines up for goal though, that's footy and it happens to everyone.

A friend of mine who was in a box yesterday on one of those betting website freebies reported a racist comment dressed up as a joke to me that was so appalling I'm not going to re-type it. He turned around and ripped into the group responsible though and they were quieter after that. There will always be a minority though, sad as it is.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph