Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes and booing

Opti-pessi-misti
    I think people in authority have been treading softly and perhaps wisely up until this point to avoid fostering the development of a sharper 'us' and 'them' divide in the overall footy world. Adam has definitely rocked the boat by making the stand that he did - when no one else in the footy world really wanted the boat rocked.

Up until Sunday's game the booing seemed to be waning and even the commentators were being careful not to give it air. Now those with authority are faced with taking some sort of action but it is not as simple as telling people not to boo - the obnoxious core who are making the most noise are older versions of the bully and mates in the playground - enjoying the thrill of 'hunting' a defenseless scapegoat but right now on a very public and national stage. It is hard to see how this situation can be turned around for good(es), that is in a way that addresses or helps change underlying racially prejudiced attitudes. Your proposal however rb4x would really shake things up!! Have you got Gillon's email or twitter address? Probably result in too much rocking of the precious boat!!

Warming the Bench
    Hi guys. This whole situation is an absolute disgrace. Wrote this in May: http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/racis...f-adam-goodes/

All very well WC making statements now . We won't play them again for a while and it will be forgotten by then. Up to geelong to make a stand before the game.

Veterans List
    According to Dermie, Goodes needs to review his on-field antics and work out what he can do to change his theatrics.

What an absolute flog. I can't believe what comes out of his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Wait What?
    My thoughts also. So discriminating against people from Vic, SA, & WA is your response to Adam being discriminated against?! How you can't see the irony in that is beyond me. I could hear the boo's on TV when we played at Metricon on the Gold Coast, and there was hardly anyone there!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The last words I ever thought I'd say but kudos to Matthew Lloyd

Booing of Adam Goodes prompts Matthew Lloyd to phone the Sydney champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    According to Dermie, Goodes needs to review his on-field antics and work out what he can do to change his theatrics.

And Eddie would be silently agreeing...

I thought that this statement from Roosy showed the subtlety, dignity and intellect, that I had gotten used to when he was our coach:
    "It's a shame, because not every football person gets to meet him, but you wouldn't boo him if you knew him, that's the sad part."

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post

I've pointed this out before. He is a bona fide dead@@@@ who will never, ever, under any circumstances, no matter what the issue, ever say anything that is in any way the supportive of the Swans. I've given up getting frustrated with his crap. I just turn to another station whenever he comes on. I've found that the alternative is always more interesting and intelligent. Always.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    And Eddie would be silently agreeing...
    Is Eddie ever silent?

Goes up to 11
    It's getting to me - I hope Adam doesn't say anything more on the subject. I hope Lewis doesn't let it affect him like that again. I hope the club leaves it alone and puts the focus on reversing our current poor form. Let the morons show their true colours on social media and at games and wherever else they care to voice their juvenile and damaged opinions.

Whatever Adam and the club says from now won't change the mentality of the bottom-feeding 'I'm not racist but your a flog' (sic) brigade. Let them boo and say whatever they like and put the spotlight of embarrassment on the AFL and the nation as a whole. Show themselves for the dolts they are. Adam and Lewis and the rest of the club and us should just shut up shop and get on with the season and really hit the embarrassing morons where it hurts when it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    My thoughts also. So discriminating against people from Vic, SA, & WA is your response to Adam being discriminated against?! How you can't see the irony in that is beyond me. I could hear the boo's on TV when we played at Metricon on the Gold Coast, and there was hardly anyone there!
    yes it is discriminating booing a player because of the color of their skin, isn't it!! The southern cities, have a history at throwing racist slurs towards indigenous players - oh btw, around 50% or more of the population on the Gold Coast are ex-victorians hmm

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast