Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes and booing

On the Rookie List
    I bet anyone any money that everytime Goodes gets the ball this weekend at Simmons, he will be cheered raucously. Whether this is driven by respect or whether it is sarcastically disingenuous to sidestep the issue on a technicality (cheering is the new booing etc), I can't say yet.

Opti-pessi-misti
    If he was going to play on, Adam had to come back this weekend (he needs to keep up his game fitness if he is going to be worthy of selection) but I was sort of hoping it would be the next weekend at the SCG where it could have been another all-out celebration and therefore less exposed to those few (I hope) who have a counter point to prove, the ugly 'boouns' and haters. Still in coming back he was going to have to face up to opposition crowds sooner or later. Hopefully after the support shown across the board last Saturday he will be better equipped to shrug off any further malicious stuff and it will never again be like it was in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    FINALLY, a statement from Mike Fitzpatrick:
    Mike Fitzpatrick statement on Adam Goodes - AFL.com.au
    The man has been goaded into speaking.

And doesn't his statement just drip with so much sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    The man has been goaded into speaking.

And doesn't his statement just drip with so much sincerity.
    somehow makes it about himself ?? menace ??

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Chip Le Grand, Patrick Smith and Keven Bartlett are all having a go at the AFL Commission for their weak stance on the Goodes booing. Smith said Vlad would have handled this with his usual iron fist, not this wishy washy group that doesn't even know racism when it hits them in the face. The clubs and the players, those that actually play the game, made it very clear what they think. Gillon & Co. have been left behind still wondering what's happening. Not in the least surprised from the folks that brought you the trading ban.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/07-15/pat...oodes-response

Wishy washy is a very opt description of Gillon's 'leadership' all-round
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Caroline Wilson gives further disturbing news about GM's "leadership" and how the AFL operates.

I particularly noted this bit:

McLachlan has told some club chiefs that there are those at the AFL who believe that Goodes has largely brought this booing upon himself. He has also told other club bosses that some other club chairmen blame Goodes for the booing and don't believe it is racist.

Read more: A golden chance slips for AFL

What drongoes like this are running AFL clubs?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Caroline Wilson gives further disturbing news about GM's "leadership" and how the AFL operates.

I particularly noted this bit:

McLachlan has told some club chiefs that there are those at the AFL who believe that Goodes has largely brought this booing upon himself. He has also told other club bosses that some other club chairmen blame Goodes for the booing and don't believe it is racist.

Read more: A golden chance slips for AFL

What drongoes like this are running AFL clubs?
    He'd be talking about Eddie here.

Eddie's silence is deafening.

Before the game last Friday night, of course, the Fox panel had to talk about the media attention.

Eddie went all red in the face and squirmed a bit before saying that it was wrong to boo Adam.

I suppose it's hard to talk when your mouth is full of humble pie.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    I expect nothing less than a dreadful show from the Collingwood supporters in a couple of weeks time at the SCG. This who sorry affair started with the character assassination of Adam following the MCG incident in 2013 and I doubt many in that mob have changed much since (girl's mum being exhibit A). Eddie's done basically nothing to help the situation and few Pies supporters would be capable of forming a decent view on the situation.

I hope they prove me wrong but I'm already bracing myself for the boos and abuse from Pies supporters on Friday week. Of course we'll be ready for it.....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I expect nothing less than a dreadful show from the Collingwood supporters in a couple of weeks time at the SCG. This who sorry affair started with the character assassination of Adam following the MCG incident in 2013 and I doubt many in that mob have changed much since (girl's mum being exhibit A). Eddie's done basically nothing to help the situation and few Pies supporters would be capable of forming a decent view on the situation.

I hope they prove me wrong but I'm already bracing myself for the boos and abuse from Pies supporters on Friday week. Of course we'll be ready for it.....
    God help whoever sits in my vicinity and boos Goodesy.
    After I bitch slap them, I'll be turfed out.
    It'll be worth it.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    God help whoever sits in my vicinity and boos Goodesy.
    After I bitch slap them, I'll be turfed out.
    It'll be worth it.
    Oh, Annie, if it's a man, just go the accidental elbow to the testicles.
    'Oh sorry mate, I was just turning around to see what all that noise was about and somehow I whacked you in the nuts. They say that Tiger Balm is good for that sort of injury: I've got some in my bag if you want some?'
    Last edited by dejavoodoo44; 4th August 2015 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Oh, Annie, if it's a man, just go the accidental elbow to the testicles.
    'Oh sorry mate, I was just turning around to see what all that noise was about and somehow I whacked you in the nuts. They say that Tiger Balm is good for that sort of injury: I've got some in my bag if you want some?'
    Then I'll be booed for playing dirty (fully acceptable practice in a game of footy).
    We don't get a lot of riff-raff pies supporters up in the Brewongle stand. The seats are too expensive and the dole only goes so far....