Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cats or Roos ? Who do you prefer we play and why ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Player

Cats or Roos ? Who do you prefer we play and why ?

Most people seem to be tipping that we will be playing Geelong in the PF, however is that simply wishful thinking given that we played our best game for some time against them earlier in the year?
    Watching North come home so strong last night reinforces that they won't roll over for the Cats and so it isn't a foregone conclusion.
    Who would you prefer we meet and why?

Veterans List
    Good question. I think that neither team should hold much fear for us. Yesterday afternoon I would have added "unless we played like we did today" but I came home and watched the game again and saw that many of our mistakes were a result of Freo's pressure (not all Gary). I think we should have a lot of confidence that we can get the job done - especially at home (of course especially if it's the Cats at the SCG where we played our last SCG final in 2005 - against the Cats). I think our returns will be better for the run. Mal will be missed - he's one of the game's best big game players - but hopefully we can cover for him.

It doesnt really concern me, although neither will present an easy opponent.

Geelong have shown little ability to go 4 quarters with the best teams and north are hot and cold as shown last night. If we bring close to our best, we should beat either of them.

Not really fussed, both teams play in patches.

IMO, if we put in 4 intense quarters we should comfortably account for either of them.

I was surprised by how much less intense, and pressurised, last nights game was to ours.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I was surprised by how much less intense, and pressurized, last nights game was to ours.
    Ground was dry and MCG is 20 meters wider, but the intensity did appear to be down compared to our game.

I hope we play Geelong but we owe North one.

Good that people haven't forgot 96!

No preference but I think that, either way, we should be happier with our opponent than Hawthorn will be with theirs.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    No preference but I think that, either way, we should be happier with our opponent than Hawthorn will be with theirs.
    This.

It shouldn't matter, should it? If it's North Melbourne (very unlikely iMO) we owed them for the loss in R4, so they stop bragging how they defeated every top side.

I hate north and they bore me to tears. If I was ever to not bother going to a final, North is about the only reason I would.
    It was weird on Saturday night barracking for them because much as I despise them, I hate drug cheats more.

So I vote for pussies.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I hate north and they bore me to tears. If I was ever to not bother going to a final, North is about the only reason I would.
    It was weird on Saturday night barracking for them because much as I despise them, I hate drug cheats more.

So I vote for pussies.
    Cheer up Barry.

At the '96 granny, had to listen to the North song for an hour or more at the ground, and anywhere else we went afterwards..... It wasn't much fun.
    Wouldn't mind beating North on Friday week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast