Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SCG crowds 1982-2014

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    ANZ only got one game which I would call a blockbuster this year. The Hawks game.

The other games were v Collingwood when we had hardly won a game at the start of the year, and v Richmond in a dead rubber for us.

However, Bit of work to do to get it up to the 60,000 level it should be. I reackon the loss of the "3 game ANZ pass" has hurt crowds since it was dropped a couple of years ago.
    Not being funny, but how is that any different to the Red 3? That entitled you to any 3 games, regardless of the venue. I remember in 2013 the club working hard to drive 3 match memberships, they had Fortress memberships, blockbuster memberships, last 3 of the year..

To be honest, ive never heard of the red 3.?

I remember a while ago they changed the 3 game anz pass to be as 4 game pass with one at the SCG. Defeated the purpose. For casual fans who live in the west, they only want to go to ANZ.

Veterans List
    To be honest, ive never heard of the red 3.?

I remember a while ago they changed the 3 game anz pass to be as 4 game pass with one at the SCG. Defeated the purpose. For casual fans who live in the west, they only want to go to ANZ.
    Maybe that's why they introduced that to allow new fans to experience the SCG and hopefully entice them to more games there.

Goes up to 11
    ANZ only got one game which I would call a blockbuster this year. The Hawks game.

The other games were v Collingwood when we had hardly won a game at the start of the year, and v Richmond in a dead rubber for us.

However, Bit of work to do to get it up to the 60,000 level it should be. I reackon the loss of the "3 game ANZ pass" has hurt crowds since it was dropped a couple of years ago.
    It's very disingenuous to claim the Collingwood game as being anything but a blockbuster.

I'd say the demise of 3 game Homebush passes has coincided with the genesis of GWS. I highly doubt our crowds would ever reach anything near 60,000 now that there's another team in Sydney's west charged with converting casual observers and those new to AFL to becoming followers of the sport.

In 2003 the 3 game ANZ pass was what got me interested in becoming a Swans member and going to all the home games since then (I maybe have missed about 3 in that time).
    My daughter who had zero interest in an AFL game came with me (Swans V's Blues) and we thrashed them by about 60 points.

She also became a member and was one till about 2 years ago when children and work got in the way, but she still comes when commitments allow.

Hmmm, I was going to get my Sister-in-law an ANZ 3 game pass for Christmas
    Will have to rethink things if they are not available
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Hmmm, I was going to get my Sister-in-law an ANZ 3 game pass for Christmas
    Will have to rethink things if they are not available
    Just get her a red 3 pass - does exactly the same thing, just isn't tied to ANZ.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

If people really want to have more games at the SCG, maybe they should vote with their feet and attend more games there. The way attendances are going and depending on the scheduling, there is a real opportunity for 4/5 games being proper sellouts which would send a signal to the AFL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234