Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: swans game on emirates flight

swans game on emirates flight

I am flying from Dubai to Frankfurt on emirates fri 19 Sept. Am I able to watch the AFL live on the flight. Sydney swans verses either North Melbourne or geelong, Anyone know or able to enlighten me.
    As Emirates has over 1500 channels, has anyone done this or even know
    thanks
    peter

Contact the airline, they'd be in the best position to advise on their channels
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Veterans List
    I don't think so. But as I'm sending this from 38,000 feet somewhere near Bali on Cebu Pacific, a new discount airline (new intro Sydney anyway) anything is possible. I doubt they stream the international AFL channel. Even if you can get online as I am now, the satellite service is geared so you can't use Skype or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I don't think so. But as I'm sending this from 38,000 feet somewhere near Bali on Cebu Pacific, a new discount airline (new intro Sydney anyway) anything is possible. I doubt they stream the international AFL channel. Even if you can get online as I am now, the satellite service is geared so you can't use Skype or the like.
    cheers
    thank you

Veterans List
    On the other hand Pete I suggest you check with the airline in advance as Snark says. Two possibilities - the aircraft gets messages all the time and with a bit of advance notice may be prepared to look after the Australians it's wooing and tell you the result over the PA. And, as happened to me once with Qatar, I left the London lounge before an F1 race finished with Webber in the lead and the lounge got the result to me on board. He won.

Sounds unlikely. AFL is broadcast internationally on the Australia Network channel, but I don't think onboard communications has to got to the point of offering multichannel TV.

Your best bet if you have internet access is to follow it play-by-play via Footy Live or the AFL app.

NB: For those who care about these things, the live AFL telecast from Australia Network to Asia and the Pacific will close down on Sept 28 when the network is permanently shuttered to make way for something offered by SKy TV. Who needs a successful TV network to promote the country when you can allow Murdoch the opportunity to serve up scheiser.

Emirates have over 1700 channels. The finals should be on ESPN. The chances are good that Emirates have ESPN.

cheers everyone�.. i hope so it is on otherwise is watching ??? in 6 weeks when I get back

Tonight on Millionaire there was a question asking which airline sponsors the Melbourne Cup. Considering who the host of the program is and which footy club that same airline sponsors I was ready to kick the screen in!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Will be on Sommet Sports - a free to air station in New Zealand. That might be one of the 1700 channels :-)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Bandwidth is limited and it looks like airlines can show maybe one channel live. The World Cup was a big deal as being the first ever sporting event watch live in-flight by a lot of people. So if your flight has the right satellite dish, and is subscribed to whatever channel is showing it, and they don't have any other events they want to show live, and you ask them nicely, you could be in.

Otherwise, t ake your phone or iPad.

It's normally on ESPN Soccer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast