Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Grand Final: Sydney Swans Reserves v Aspley Hornets

That sounds about right - just seeing if I can find it on the footage, but I don't want to watch us lose again.
    I think the commentator mentioned an elbow and said that the Hornets had been winding the Swans players up.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    That sounds about right - just seeing if I can find it on the footage, but I don't want to watch us lose again.
    I think the commentator mentioned an elbow and said that the Hornets had been winding the Swans players up.
    If you keep your eye on the far left on the screen you can actually see the incident. From my point of view, Naismith is running up the field, the Aspley player (#11) is nearby, not sure whether they knew each other was that close but as they cross paths, Naismith instinctively pushes him off and the Aspley player flings his head back. I don't think Naismith made any head contact when you slow it down, but because of the Aspley player's reaction and the height difference (top of #11's head came up to Naismith's shoulders) I guess the umpire thought there must have been.

It wasn't even a Brent Harvey style bump gone wrong, it was just two players trying to get into position for the kick-in. Ridiculous free kick and a costly one right in front of goal

From about 16:54 onwards in Q4

Senior Player
    On the positive side, getting ripped off in the GF is probably a good initiation for what happens in the seniors. We have often had to beat more than the opposition footballers.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If you keep your eye on the far left on the screen you can actually see the incident. From my point of view, Naismith is running up the field, the Aspley player (#11) is nearby, not sure whether they knew each other was that close but as they cross paths, Naismith instinctively pushes him off and the Aspley player flings his head back. I don't think Naismith made any head contact when you slow it down, but because of the Aspley player's reaction and the height difference (top of #11's head came up to Naismith's shoulders) I guess the umpire thought there must have been.

It wasn't even a Brent Harvey style bump gone wrong, it was just two players trying to get into position for the kick-in. Ridiculous free kick and a costly one right in front of goal

From about 16:54 onwards in Q4
    g8m1aNu.jpg
    That's the contact, the whistle went straight after. #11 for Aspley actually slides over into Naismith's way. Pretty crazy free when you consider that late crunch/spoil that didn't get whistled, unless Sam is some form of ninja that did something off screen the millisecond after.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    "We certainly could not argue that Aspley was a worthy and deserved winner of the NEAFL competition."

Classic!
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213