Thread: Harry as tagger / run with player

Regular in the Side
    MCC Members, Section M40, Row Z, Seat 17. Forever.

Harry as tagger / run with player

I like it.

He did a fabulous job on Hill. From a match-up perspective he would be ideal on Motlop if Cats get through, however for the Kangas I think Boomer may have a bit more guile and a stronger body - Wells would be suitable to his size/shape. That said Wells will be in the Kangas mf rotation more and so his match-up will be more likely Kizza, whilst Harry could go to Greenwood or Wright.

I realise they are huge jobs to undertake for a youngster still starting out but he seems well equipped physically for the role especially on the lighter bodied flankers / 'outside' midfielders. Importantly too he also forces the taggee to be accountable as he can get away quickly and hit the scoreboard - he's smart and accurate in front of goal.

A great way to learn the game too.

Of course he can still be released and go forward occasionally and create some havoc. I'm liking the balance of the team and kudos to the coaching staff in showing faith in him above ROK.
    Insert Your Life [HERE]

Chillin' with the strange Quarks

What I like about Harry is, even playing that tagging role, he is very willing to use his speed and gut running ability to try and hurt the opposition when we manage to force a turnover. He not only can tag the opposition, but also make them acutely aware of their need to be accountable when playing on him as well.

He has developed very nicely this season.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    What I like about Harry is, even playing that tagging role, he is very willing to use his speed and gut running ability to try and hurt the opposition when we manage to force a turnover. He not only can tag the opposition, but also make them acutely aware of their need to be accountable when playing on him as well.

He has developed very nicely this season.
    Agreed. He was the obvious match up for Hill last week and did it brilliantly while still getting a bit of his own footy. Hill only had 16 disposals and they were not damaging at all.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Hmmm, an offensive tagger.

He's fit enough for a tagging role. Harry is developing in that way you know means future leader in the making. He's been consistent not just this season, but from the start. Plays his role and never shirks from a contest. Very impressed and I'm glad the Giants weren't interested.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector