Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final Sydney v North Pre Match Discussion Thread

Veterans List
    As usual I'm nervous. The last PF I was very confident was the one against Freo that I always knew we'd win. But I think the game will tell us a lot about our prospects of being Premiers. In the Hawks H&A game I felt we were holding back - strange feeling. The Freo QF didn't let us do that but Freo (and the Tiges) always reduce us to a scrappy game. I'd like to see the Swans play as we did against the Pies in the 2012 QF - take control them just keep the game on our terms.

If Norf play a dirty game like Harvey against Selwood or Thomas against Garry and one of our players is injured I think we're within our rights to storm the field.

Veterans List
    Almost everything has gone our way in the lead up to this years finals.

This has to be the most talented side we've ever had. We've had the week off to freshen players. Quite a few of our key players have missed late season matches which has them as primed as they could be. We are playing the Prelim in Sydney and it's on Friday night so an extra day to recover for the GF. We're playing a side in the Prelim that came from the bottom half of the eight, just got over the line in their two finals so far and lost games to lowly sides during the latter part of the year.

If we can't win Friday night with all that going for us then I fear for future seasons. We should win Friday and barring injuries should start favourites in the GF. It can't get more stars aligned for us than this week/season.
    Last edited by 707; 17th September 2014 at 02:40 PM.

It will be like the Geelong game. We will put them to the sword early, and pull away each quarter. Last quarter we'll toy with them, which resting a few key players.

Its going to be a spectacle of Swans dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It will be like the Geelong game. We will put them to the sword early, and pull away each quarter. Last quarter we'll toy with them, which resting a few key players.

Its going to be a spectacle of Swans dominance.
    Certainly would like this result and will quietly sit in the corner... (well NEARLY sit quietly... Go Swans)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Almost everything has gone our way in the lead up to this years finals.

This has to be the most talented side we've ever had. We've had the week off to freshen players. Quite a few of our key players have missed late season matches which has them as primed as they could be. We are playing the Prelim in Sydney and it's on Friday night so an extra day to recover for the GF. We're playing a side in the Prelim that came from the bottom half of the eight, just got over the line in their two finals so far and lost games to lowly sides during the latter part of the year.

If we can't win Friday night with all that going for us then I fear for future seasons. We should win Friday and barring injuries should start favourites in the GF. It can't get more stars aligned for us than this week/season.
    It's all way too perfect, it feels really bizarre.
    Can Kenny stub his toe, can someone's son be pulled over by the cops...

Veterans List
    I've heard that Benny is so paranoid about injury pre-GF that he's walking carefully around the building and the other players are making fun of him about it. It's not affecting his practice or playing style just day to day life.

Regular in the Side
    I'm very confident - I just arrived in Melbourne a week early.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I've heard that Benny is so paranoid about injury pre-GF that he's walking carefully around the building and the other players are making fun of him about it. It's not affecting his practice or playing style just day to day life.
    Is that serious?? haha that's kind of cute! Paranoid, but cute

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    surely you jest
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

not worried at all by this game . north very over- rated ,draw nothing from round 4 entire season away that game ..swans by 62 points ..Harvey run off his legs and embarrassed into retirement..go to sportsbet and get on 40 plus bloods

Thank you for your investment advice.
    I'm just sick of waiting for this game .

Veterans List
    I see that a lot of skin was shown by the boys at training today ????.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast