Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final Sydney v North Pre Match Discussion Thread

Well I'm pretty bored so maybe a discussion of potential match ups might be interesting. I think Dal Santo needs a minder, his ball use means if he gets enough of it he can cause some issues. Bird seems a good fit. Won't be done for pace or height etc. I wouldn't mind seeing Reid go to Ben Brown. That kid has some spunk , and is good around the ground. Reid should have the attributes to keep him quiet, and possibly hurt him the other way. Pyke V Goldstein will be a good battle, hopefully Pykey can break even there. I could keep going but I really just wanted to start the conversation so I could read some interesting analysis from other posters , it's freezing in Melbourne and there's nothing on TV you see..

Regular in the Side
    Have enjoyed being "under the radar". Don't mind the "under dog" tag. This time - everything looks good. No excuse at all. Even the weather forecast has improved! Very confident but still nervous. Just feel that the Kangaroo this week is just like the Tigers going into Finals Week 1 after narrowly beating us. They were not favorites but they were "confident" with some media fancied their chance and were really excited. But I expected the Ports would beat them. Yet it was how the Ports won that has genuinely excited me. I hope that we will beat the "Pretenders" in a no less convincing way this week. Let's all cheers - GO Swans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Well I'm pretty bored so maybe a discussion of potential match ups might be interesting. I think Dal Santo needs a minder, his ball use means if he gets enough of it he can cause some issues. Bird seems a good fit. Won't be done for pace or height etc. I wouldn't mind seeing Reid go to Ben Brown. That kid has some spunk , and is good around the ground. Reid should have the attributes to keep him quiet, and possibly hurt him the other way. Pyke V Goldstein will be a good battle, hopefully Pykey can break even there. I could keep going but I really just wanted to start the conversation so I could read some interesting analysis from other posters , it's freezing in Melbourne and there's nothing on TV you see..
    I reckon Cunningham will go to Harvey.....And beat him!

Jetta to Wells would be an interesting matchup. Again, I'd fancy Jetta to beat him, especially given the amount of footy Wells has missed.

Buddy owes Thompson one after round 4. He'll kick a bag on him.

Smith will sit on the grub Thomas...Hopefully Gaz gets to smash him at some stage.

Maybe Tippo on Tippo... That would be fun to watch. I rate young Tippo, he looks like a player in the making.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Nice story by Emma Quayle on Gary Rohan. But she doesn't mention who broke his leg ......!

Sydney's Gary Rohan gets moving again

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I reckon Cunningham will go to Harvey.....And beat him!
    Maybe. I'd put Harry onto Wells, I think. He's been in good form since he returned, and when the Roos play well, Wells usually does too.

Shaw has done a job on Harvey in the past. Maybe another go? Or even McGlynn if Boomer gets off the leash.

The idea of Bird minding Dal Santo makes sense too.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Yeh I'd say Cunningham to Wells, Bird to NDS and McGlynn to play on Harvey, but not necessarily as a hard tag...I think Benny can hurt Boomer pushing forward, Harvey has never been strong defensively.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

My seats are in bay 136-1, row 31. Am I in danger of getting wet?

Glad the Swans are playing Friday as I am going to Dubai on Saturday so will be able to watch the Prelim.

If they make the Grand Final I won't be able to watch as will be in Paris, but a small price to pay as will be available many times over if last year is anything to go on as replay on Fox Footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca1701 View Post
    My seats are in bay 136-1, row 31. Am I in danger of getting wet?
    Nope, unless you're sprayed on by a "rabid" Kangaroo supporter . Forecast for tomorrow is fine.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Glad the Swans are playing Friday as I am going to Dubai on Saturday so will be able to watch the Prelim.

If they make the Grand Final I won't be able to watch as will be in Paris, but a small price to pay as will be available many times over if last year is anything to go on as replay on Fox Footy.
    Yvonne, you can live stream the game for a small payment - check out the video section of the AFL site. In 2012 I was travelling around France during the season and spent a lot of time on my laptop in McDonalds car parks (free wifi - pronounced wiffy) watching the game. And some hotels may have US sports channels and one may be broadcasting the Grand Final.

Or we lose on Friday and you're taken off the flight for sobbing too loudly pre-departure and get a chance to watch Norf play some other team in the GF . . .

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Horse just confirmed that Malceski will be named and that he expects him to play.

Emergencies will be interesting...Mitchell Laidler Tower?
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Or we lose on Friday . . .
    Not an option, go wash your mouth out.......

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast