Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final Sydney v North Pre Match Discussion Thread

Does he know who he's dealing with? We are the master of brothers finals footy.

Senior Player
    I want a noisy hostile environment at ANZ Stadium next Friday night.

This is Sydney remember!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    This is Sydney remember!
    Yes I know but we just have to be noisy like Freo crowd and also play hard like Freo

Veterans List
    Flights and accommodation booked ????. My mum is coming and it will be only her second game in 30 years! The last game she went to was a final against Collingwood at the MCG and that scared her off!!

I am planning to get Category 1 tickets.
    1. Is it better to sit on the ground level or the level above?
    2. Is there a way to make sure I sit with swans supporters and not North?

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Flights and accommodation booked ??. My mum is coming and it will be only her second game in 30 years! The last game she went to was a final against Collingwood at the MCG and that scared her off!!

Above ground, sit on level 4 if you can get them.

Are you a swans Member? If so, buy during the members period and they should put you in a Swans bay I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Flights and accommodation booked ????. My mum is coming and it will be only her second game in 30 years! The last game she went to was a final against Collingwood at the MCG and that scared her off!!

Are you a swans Member? If so, buy during the members period and they should put you in a Swans bay I think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Sydney should be too consistent for the Roos in preliminary final

"Swans by 28 points" I'll take that Rohan Connolly

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

I am an AFL member with Swans club support so hopefully I will be put in a swans bay.

Senior Player
    Yes your AFL membership with swans club support counts as swans membership and will get you in swans members bay.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I doubt it. This is the finals and I doubt they will give him weeks. He will get a wrap over the knuckles.
    They can't really give him a rap over the knuckles without him being suspended. Even if it's Negligent (1 pt), Low impact (1 Pt) and High (2 Pts) - that's 125 points plus 10% gives him 137.5 plus 41 carry over gives him 171.5 less 25% for an early plea gets him back to 128.1. Which is a week. (The points could be worse for him if they calculate the 10% loading AFTER they add on the 41 carryover points) So harvey's only hope is an insufficient force ruling which when Selwood was on and off the ground trying to stop the bleeding is a bit of a stretch.
    Last edited by The Big Cat; 14th September 2014 at 12:07 AM.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    He should be if the MRP applies the tougher interpretation of the Laws to protect head injuries that the AFL set out at the end of 2003 (wording below).

"Rough conduct � Head clashes in bumps � The Tribunal Guidelines and DVD will be amended to provide for a player to be cited for Rough Conduct, where in the bumping of an opponent he causes forceful contact to be made to his opponents head or neck � even if that contact is caused by a clash of heads.Umpires will be instructed to award free kicks and report players for rough conduct where necessary. In recent years the Tribunal DVD has proposed that a clash of heads when one player elects to bump an opponent should be regarded as having been caused by circumstances outside of the control of the player which could not reasonably be foreseen. The 2014 guidelines will reinforce to players their duty of care when they elect to bump an opponent, and that a clash of heads is an action that could reasonably be foreseen."
    I meant "end of 2013" in first para above.

Having looked at the incident again, I think Harvey is in trouble. It's hard to argue insufficient force if the Selwood is bleeding and forced from the field. You would think that would at least constitute Low Impact. He also jumped into Selwood, left the ground with both feet, and it was off the ball. But who knows.

I want to add that the PA Freo game was so entertaining. One of the best games of the season. It's really enjoyable when you can relax because you don't have any skin in the game.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast