Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Preliminary Final Sydney v North Pre Match Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I reckon they'll go, 'insufficient force' , and let him play.
    I hope he gets to play. No excuses!

Veteran Site Admin
    I think insufficient force. He might have drawn blood but that doesn't take much contact really. He didn't cause Selwood to even go to ground, let alone need to leave the ground with a sore head (just the blood rule). If you compare to the instances where Buddy was let off (pretty fortunately) or Goodes not even cited, it looks pretty tame. Would be upset if any of our players was rubbed out for something so minor.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think insufficient force. He might have drawn blood but that doesn't take much contact really. He didn't cause Selwood to even go to ground, let alone need to leave the ground with a sore head (just the blood rule). If you compare to the instances where Buddy was let off (pretty fortunately) or Goodes not even cited, it looks pretty tame. Would be upset if any of our players was rubbed out for something so minor.
    Gillon McLachlan's love child and Protected Species, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I think insufficient force.
    You might be right, as you say Selwood didn't go to ground. But he did have stitches inserted during the half time interval so the impact was a bit more than negligible I would have thought. Will be an interesting decision after the controversy over the Fyfe head clash suspension.

Chose to bump, feet left the ground, caused the head clash , player needed stitches. If there any shred of consistency to the MRP he has to go for 1. There isn't though so he'll get off.

Not sure how you can possibly argue insufficient force in this case. The fact it was off the ball as well doesn't help his case, MRP always comes down harder on those

swans `40 plus game .as usual Melbourne media talking up north ..the boys will crush these pretenders ..hawks in for a much rougher prelim

Limit of ten (10) tickets per membership.
    You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction

*Finals tickets are subject to availability. Additional ticketing agent fees will apply. To purchase a family ticket online during the pre-sale, you will need to enter a minimum of four barcodes (2 adults and 2 juniors) for this option to be visible. Full terms and conditions at afl.com.au/finalstickets

Anyone know if all categories will be half off with the Telstra offer?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Anyone know if all categories will be half off with the Telstra offer?
    Definitely no, it's a certain area like a bay or two which happened to be a Category 2 bay in the Freo final.

Thanks ugg! Ok, cat 2 at half price is like $60 :/ will just go with cat 5 and sit at the members bar.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I really hope we get to 50,000, anything less for such an important match, while understandable, would be a shame.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast