Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans Supporters around Berry - South Coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Swans Supporters around Berry - South Coast

Have found the Berry Bowling Club to be AFL friendly, and they have offered to accommodate Grand final day for fans (not necessarily assuming the Swans will be in it). If there is enough interest, this is an opportunity to develop the club into a Swans friendly venue in the Shoalhaven, any one interested?

Mustn't be many Berry-based RWOers! Maybe try with BigFooty? Local Berry newspaper?

Shame. It's a Berry nice town.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Beer&footy, if you ever come to Adelaide, there is an Adelaide based Swans supporter group that congregates every few weeks to watch games at the West Adelaide Footy Club. You'd be most welcome there during the season. PM me if you want their details

Thanks Go Swannies, we do hope to get to Adelaide to watch a Swans game, however the plan would be to see it live. However I will keep your offer in mind. Cheers.

DamY, there's quiet a few Swans supporters in the Shoalhaven, but its a big place and well spread out. I guess we've left our run a little late this year, but I might put a bit of effort in next year to start building a Swans Friendly Venue locally. and yes Berry is a beautiful town.

yep love Berry, beautiful town

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    yep love Berry, beautiful town
    Except for that evil speed camera, cleverly placed where it will catch everyone as they leave the town. Is it still there?

Its still there. In the 50 zone as you leave town heading south. Not really a black spot though. North and south of the town however can be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerandfooty View Post
    Its still there. In the 50 zone as you leave town heading south. Not really a black spot though. North and south of the town however can be scary.
    Yep that's the one, cleverly placed just before the end of the 50 zone but well outside the town itself, just where you start to accelerate again. They must make a motza out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yep that's the one, cleverly placed just before the end of the 50 zone but well outside the town itself, just where you start to accelerate again. They must make a motza out of it.
    I always go left just after passing the Bowling club (when heading south on the Princes) and stop in at one of the best bakeries on the south coast before cutting through the back streets of this great little town (past the picturesque footy/cricket ground) before rejoining the highway after the radar.

Mind you, I gave up speeding many years ago. I find speed limits generally commensurate with the risks to life and limb of driver, passenger, other road users and the unpredictability of some pedestrians. Not to mention the fact that you really don't save a lot of time by going a little bit faster.

Meanwhile, I was staying with an artist friend who lives in the hills above Berry one chilly winter and we went down to the ? Anglers Club, a short drive away on the coast, and watched a Swans game with quite a few other locals showing an interest. Enjoyed the stunning views and good bistro to boot. That place comes highly recommended by Swansongster and could be a better option as a Swans beach-head on the near south coast.

Oh probably! Saw a lot of signs for speed cameras. Last time I went down, we missed a pretty serious crash that held up the rest of our group. Must be needed in that area

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster
    . Not to mention the fact that you really don't save a lot of time by going a little bit faster.....
    So,you are saying to save time we should go a lot faster?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast