Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Veterans List
    Glad to see Bay 105 remains Cat 1 - it's my regular bay but this time I'm in the front row. I hope I get a chance to coathangar Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I thought you said we were going to get 60K to the Prelim Barry

I agree though, 50K would be a good crowd against the Shinboners, given the prices the AFL is charging.
    I dont think I said that.
    Off all possible contestents (given ok weather) of prelims;

v Hawthorn: 80,000 (sellout)
    v Geelong: 60K
    v Essendon: 60K
    v Richmond: 60K
    v Port: 60K
    v Freo: 50K
    v Norf: 40K (50K would be great!)

So against a big vic team, 60K. One we have a bit of a fued with (sellout). Interstate or pissant clubs, who knows.

Ive noticed the game has a very low profile in the media in Sydney, so could be anything from 40K to 50k.

Now heres a funny thing.

When I booked my ANZ member tickets, my guests were charged at $170 (Category 1).

Now that the tickets have arrived and they are located (135-2), in what looks like the new Category 2, Ive only been charged $143.

To do this, I would think we can assume that ANZ membership allocation (according to the map on page 14 of this thread), must be near full.

Veterans List
    Rebecca Wilson said on SEN that they are expecting 50,000. I really hope this happens. Obviously the category 5 pricing has helped.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Rebecca Wilson said on SEN that they are expecting 50,000. I really hope this happens. Obviously the category 5 pricing has helped.
    I really hope it happens too but yes I am annoyed that early ticket buyers have been shafted. I wrote to the AFL about it and got a lame reason that a few seats were re-classified on Monday afternoon, I then went on to tell them that $45 tickets were still available but weren't at 9.45am Monday morning. I know nothing will come of it and the only compensation I really want is a loud large pro swans crowd and a win then I won't care so much about the price I paid for the ticket. I have learnt though and will never again purchase tickets so early for any games at ANZ stadium. Bloody AFL

What a joke. I'm a 15-year member but would not even entertain the idea of paying $170 for a ticket, or even more than about $80, and I'd be mortified to ask a casual fan to do the same. I'm willing to be price-gouged for grand finals because at least those games are sellouts, and I always assume we might never get there again (oh Swans, how you've proved me wrong). The idea of charging these prices for a preliminary final that will only half-fill the stadium is absurd. I grabbed a couple of the early $45 tickets, and though I'm glad more people are able to get these tickets with the re-release, why couldn't they have done it right from the start? Terrible strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    For the QF, I was sold tickets in 412 (very back row) as "best available" only to turn up at the game and find that there were whole rows of seats in the more central level 4 bays that were completely empty.
    Bay 106 now magically has groups of 10 seats together available...
    Its tempting to check on Friday night, then just go and sit there.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Bay 106 now magically has groups of 10 seats together available...
    Its tempting to check on Friday night, then just go and sit there.
    Or at least check on your phone when you get there.

Yeah, despite the powers-that-be's mania for selling only allocated seats, at any game (whether SCG or Homebush) where the stadium isn't going to be more than say 75% full, it's just about getting in as cheaply and painlessly as possible. Once you're in, you just sit wherever you want. If the true seat owner comes late, so be it; it doesn't kill you to move. Or if you're being conservative, you can just wait until quarter-time and then upgrade.

That said, we're unlikely to upgrade this weekend�turns out my 8yo absolutely loves the seats behind the goals and thinks they're the best seats! (And from an 8yo's perspective, I can kinda see her point.)

Veterans List
    Any idea how many tickets have been sold? The revised weather forecast will surely help.

ANZ have opened up the top decks (level 6). $45, maybe GA? according to the telegraph.

That would suggest roughly 40,000 (lower decks capacity) sold.

I estimate crowd at 43,000

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Not true barry, you can still get seats at the lower level, just have to pay for them.