Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

I have just printed my ticket. It has the following words on it: "We have upgraded our turnstiles. Please don't fold this ticket."

Now those words were on the paper tickets last week, but this week the dotted lines and instructions re folding into a third have disappeared.

Surely they don't mean I am supposed to carry the ticket as an A4 size piece of paper??

Veteran Site Admin
    I looked at those words two weeks ago, shrugged and folded them anyway. Got into the game OK.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I have just printed my ticket. It has the following words on it: "We have upgraded our turnstiles. Please don't fold this ticket."

Now those words were on the paper tickets last week, but this week the dotted lines and instructions re folding into a third have disappeared.

Surely they don't mean I am supposed to carry the ticket as an A4 size piece of paper??
    I saw that too. I have folded mine...won't fit in my carry on luggage otherwise! Surely all that's needed is the barcode??

Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I looked at those words two weeks ago, shrugged and folded them anyway. Got into the game OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I saw that too. I have folded mine...won't fit in my carry on luggage otherwise! Surely all that's needed is the barcode??
    Yes I saw and ignored the words last week. But the instructions for folding into a third were still there last week, now they are gone. But I agree that only the barcode should be needed and it doesn't make sense to leave as an A4. So I too will folds as I've always done. Odd though!

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Channel 7 (news bulletin) just mentioned that they've opened the top tier at ANZ. This is usually a good sign, but what surprises me more was the complete lack of coverage of the match. The only mention of the Swans (other than the cursory comment about opening the top tier) was Dewie as front runner for Crows coach. That's all they actually said too. C7 really needs to step this up.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Along the bottom on AFL 360 it said 32000 tickets still for sale

47, 355
    Swannies for life!

7 do a dismal job in Sydney considering they hold the rights. They should be promoting the hell out of it rather than trying to compete with Channel Bogan over NRL stories.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I don't think C7 is in contention for the next TV rights talks with AFL. My gut feeling is telling me that they will drop it. They have minimum coverage of AFL in Sydney and that is mostly on 7 mate, which shows AFL importance in NSW.

Senior Player
    A couple of newspaper articles today suggesting a crowd of around 50k, including: http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport...-1227062963884

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Clearly they have given no thought to the practicality of travel with unfolded A4 paper! Folded mine 2 weeks ago, it was fine. Anyway, they'll let you through if there are any issues.

I just hope the crowd figure isn't embarrassing tonight. Perfect day here in Sydney so if you're undecided, get out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    I don't think C7 is in contention for the next TV rights talks with AFL. My gut feeling is telling me that they will drop it. They have minimum coverage of AFL in Sydney and that is mostly on 7 mate, which shows AFL importance in NSW.
    I hope C7 doesn't get the next rights. Lets face it - all the FTA broadcasters (ignoring ABC/SBS as they are clearly not goingt o be in the running) do a crap job. But for many of us, that's all we have, and will have to deal with their half baked attempts at broadcasting the games well into the future.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."