Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The woman in front of me was also having difficulty scanning her home-printed ticket. I noticed it was a bit crumpled in the barcode area and figure this is what the "don't fold" message is about. Creasing in that area must affect the scanning.
    Makes you wonder why they upgraded the scanners in the first place, they were working perfectly fine. I think it's ridiculous to expect us to carry A4 sized tickets around.

Ground condition, atmosphere and general vibe was great last night at ANZ. Yes, I prefer the SCG of course but next time a final is at ANZ let's not get so worked up but get out there, cheer loud and support the boys! Go Swans!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Ground condition, atmosphere and general vibe was great last night at ANZ. Yes, I prefer the SCG of course but next time a final is at ANZ let's not get so worked up but get out there, cheer loud and support the boys! Go Swans!
    It was great to see ANZ's surface in such good condition - what a huge difference it makes to the surface when there is a good amount of time between matches on it. The AFL should sit down with both the NRL and ANZ Stadium (and anyone else) and ensure that for its games during the regular season, that as longer break as possible occurs between the last NRL game and the AFL game. I know there is no chance of 2 weeks, but surely they could get to a point where the ground gets 5 or 6 days minimum between matches. You've only got to look at the difference in surface quality between the Tigers game and the Freo game to see what a difference it can make.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Fantastic atmosphere. Pretty pleased withe the turnout as well.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    It was great to see ANZ's surface in such good condition - what a huge difference it makes to the surface when there is a good amount of time between matches on it. The AFL should sit down with both the NRL and ANZ Stadium (and anyone else) and ensure that for its games during the regular season, that as longer break as possible occurs between the last NRL game and the AFL game. I know there is no chance of 2 weeks, but surely they could get to a point where the ground gets 5 or 6 days minimum between matches. You've only got to look at the difference in surface quality between the Tigers game and the Freo game to see what a difference it can make.
    And sit down with She-Who-Makes-Rain and negotiate for dry weather for the week leading up to AFL matches!

That also made a huge difference to the surface quality compared with the Tigers game.

Goes up to 11
    The atmosphere was pretty good last night, and the turnout was probably a little better than expected thru the week.

My ticket took ages to scan - I thought the scanner hadn't worked and was heading for another until the attendant sang out that mine had finally worked and I could walk thru. I think there's a bit of work still to be done on the turnstile upgrade.....

And the bar behind row 136 was amateur hour at its finest. The poor staff were so slow - seemed like they had no idea how to serve a large group of patrons quickly and efficiently.

Otherwise it was a superb evening!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsquirta View Post
    We were sitting in Bay 106 'under the eaves' of the level above us, and next to 105 which was full of Blue & White (which was obviously pretty sombre from half time onwards). We were making lots of noise but it was fairly hard to hear what the rest of the ground was doing - the acoustics were terrible. Every time the "Norf Mebbon" chant went up, we did a pretty effective job of shutting them down. It's not hard to imagine what 48,000 at the SCG would sound like!
    I was also in bay 106 and the atmosphere was really good. Irene from Home and Away was a few rows in front and she was starting the chants!! Really enjoyed the night. I loved it when the Syyyyydneeeeyyy chant went around the ground.

One thing I don't get is the number of people that left early. I can understand during the season but not for a preliminary final.

Oh and there was a flog North supporter who called out when he was leaving "enjoy because you're not going to win next week". What a sore loser. It's not like he was heckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    And sit down with She-Who-Makes-Rain and negotiate for dry weather for the week leading up to AFL matches!

That also made a huge difference to the surface quality compared with the Tigers game.
    The rain certainly didn't help Meg, but the key fact was there was less than two days between the league game and the tigers game - short turn arounds like that are common during the main part of the season, and surely are the key contributing fact to many games having a poor surface. Its just so frustrating to see how bad it can be during the season, when we know how good it can be when given proper breaks between matches.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I was also in bay 106 and the atmosphere was really good. Irene from Home and Away was a few rows in front and she was starting the chants!! Really enjoyed the night. I loved it when the Syyyyydneeeeyyy chant went around the ground.

One thing I don't get is the number of people that left early. I can understand during the season but not for a preliminary final.

Oh and there was a flog North supporter who called out when he was leaving "enjoy because you're not going to win next week". What a sore loser. It's not like he was heckled.
    Lots of people left in my area to go and watch the end of the NRL game on the telly's in the concourse.... then returned in late 3rd/early 4th to only then go and leave early as well.

As for the Norf fan - don't worry, he only represents about 2% of their total fanbase. The other 49 aren't nearly that bad

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    It was great when the chant went "Goooodseeeey Goooodseeeey " when Adam went for his last shot at goal! (which he missed but had a big smile on his face anyway). Deborah Hutton was there too. You often see Irene in the Brewongle at the SCG games, she's a mad Swannies supporter too.

I was in Bay 119, the atmosphere was pretty good. Well what that means is that I was sitting with some loud and passionate Swans supporters. The Goodesy chants were pretty good!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718