Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    In terms of what it has on offer, Ticketek is a monopoly. It is not run for the benefit of the customers.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

ACCC should be involved

43250 considering the gradual decline in numbers for this venue.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Well the ANZ members are doing there part. Already level 4 is sold out. This didnt sell out for the 1st final, so if thats any indication, then we should be looking at a lot more people coming along ... 45 to 50K.

Ive got to say there is one bad thing about being an ANZ member, every guest you bring is top price. $170 per adult, $51 per child.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Lucky to top 36,000 I reckon.
    Sadly, I concur.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veterans List
    I reckon under 40,000 and that's still twice the last time.

But enjoyed this:
    Titus O'Reily ?@TitusOReily 5m
    AFL expect to fill ANZ Stadium for the Swans/North Preliminary final, with their 'buy one ticket get 2,569 free' promotion.

By the number of people I saw walk away from ticketec in Sydney without buying any tickets this morning, probably not many. 25,000?
    You charge double, be greedy, the AFL loses respect and the players lose fans..
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Goes up to 11
    I would have thought that spending $700 on 7 tickets would give me a chance of sitting somewhere remotely where I wanted to (section 113 or nearby). Apparently not. Thanks for nothing Ticketek. Dreadful "service"....

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Wow. Myself and a friend managed to time two purchases of ten tickets such that they were placed in two rows directly in front/behind. 120-2. While not the best Cat-2 seats, not complaining for $67!
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    By the number of people I saw walk away from ticketec in Sydney without buying any tickets this morning, probably not many. 25,000?
    You charge double, be greedy, the AFL loses respect and the players lose fans..
    I don't disagree but that's a lot of people who hadn't checked out the ticket prices in advance.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

My mate had problems connecting so I got a block of ten for him as well. My block is 119-2 Row 32 and his are in 119-2 Row 51. Agree, for the price, I will happily take them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Wow. Myself and a friend managed to time two purchases of ten tickets such that they were placed in two rows directly in front/behind. 120-2. While not the best Cat-2 seats, not complaining for $67!

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    My Cat 2 seats cost $134.00 each.

Check your credit card!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast