Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by plumberdan View Post
    Just bought a couple of Cat 5 tickets , section 318. I'm happy with that.
    I could not get any Cat 5 tickets at 9.45am this morning. Mike Sheehan just said On The Couch there are still 41000 tickets left so looks like the usual 35000 crowd. Would have been 45000 at the SCG and don't tell me the AFL couldn't have negotiated.

Senior Player
    Section 318 appears to be category 1 not category 5

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    They are most definitely Category 1 but if you search for Category 5 tickets, they're giving out level 3 seats!! Unbelievable bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    They are most definitely Category 1 but if you search for Category 5 tickets, they're giving out level 3 seats!! Unbelievable bargain!
    Correct. They are desperate to fill up the place.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I've been trying since 2pm this arvo to get Cat 5 tickets, finally managed to get through at 7.50pm. Got two tickets Gate G - Section 318-1 - Aisle 318 - row 6. $45 each plus $5.50 ezyticket fee.

They said tonight on "on the couch" that there are 41000 tickets left!!!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I can only guess that there plenty of complaints about Cat 4/5 selling out quickly that they released some more from Level 3. I think in the past Level 3 was never in the premier category?

Utilised the Telstra deal right on 2pm today. Very happy to get Category 2 tickets for $67!
    Swannies for life!

North would have to be the porest drawing side in sydney. Even gold coast would hold more interest.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Actually, this is good. Clearly Cat-5 is fully sold and the AFL must have instructed Ticketek to sell the Cat-1 north and south ends as Cat-5 to pick up the slack. While unfortunate for those who paid max price early this morning, it does ensure that those who can't justify (or can't afford) anything higher can still get a ticket. I bet they'll keep going in other areas with Cat-4 and so on. until we have a packed bottom end and empty upper tiers.

Positive news for future years. I sense a big shake up in pricing structure come next year.

Just like it is when there's a change in government, we are seeing some of the fall out from Demetriou's 'legacy'.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    North would have to be the porest drawing side in sydney. Even gold coast would hold more interest.
    That's a big generalisation Barry. Numbers will be down, yes, but I don't support such a loose comment. It's been a long time since North have been in a prelim. I have six friends from Adelaide flying up, all north supporters, but never those who would travel to Sydney in any other situation. We'll get a decent crowd, not perfect, but decent enough.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I can only guess that there plenty of complaints about Cat 4/5 selling out quickly that they released some more from Level 3. I think in the past Level 3 was never in the premier category?
    We'll I think it is disgusting that you get there at 9.10am, membership in hand and get shafted because there are no $45 seats, no $72 seats and have to buy $102 seats and then cheap seats are available later in the day. it is absolute daylight robbery and I will never buy a ticket on day 1 for a game at ANZ stadium again. it disgusts me and I couldn't afford to really pay that price but desperately wanted to go.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast