Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Arrrrggghhh. I forgot about this until too late. Arrrggghhhh.
    Pretty sure it's still on

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I get that it's frustrating, but you can't fault the AFL for trying to improve attendance by dropping prices mid-release. Maybe better forecasting on their end would have avoided this. But I have to admit, ticket prices had me thinking twice about attending with a Grand Final potentially the week after. I love my swans but dropping $600 + airfares and accommodation if required is a hefty sum.
    I can see what they are trying to do - but surely it would be farbetter achieved by setting prices significantly lower in the first place.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I agree, but it'd give those that feel Sydney gets preferential treatment even more ammo

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    We'll I think it is disgusting that you get there at 9.10am, membership in hand and get shafted because there are no $45 seats, no $72 seats and have to buy $102 seats and then cheap seats are available later in the day. it is absolute daylight robbery and I will never buy a ticket on day 1 for a game at ANZ stadium again. it disgusts me and I couldn't afford to really pay that price but desperately wanted to go.
    I copped exactly the same thing. Got there at 8.55, served at 9.40 to be told the same as you. Checked out the website a couple of hrs later and seats i originally wanted ( and was told had sold out) not only available, but cheaper. Its criminal! I felt like the AFL/Ticketec were taking advantage of members.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There's no one to direct our complaints to, this system has been in place for over a decade now and due to the oligopolistic nature of the ticket industry in Australia there is very little incentive for Ticketek to change.
    I think I'll send an email of complaint to Swans membership with the intention of them passing it on to whoever was responsible for the debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I get that it's frustrating, but you can't fault the AFL for trying to improve attendance by dropping prices mid-release. Maybe better forecasting on their end would have avoided this.
    Sorry no, maybe by wednesday if sales were still down, drop the prices and promote it hard but after a few hours? No, whoever was responsible was taking advantage of members who they think/know will pay whatever it costs to see their team in a prelim.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I copped exactly the same thing. Got there at 8.55, served at 9.40 to be told the same as you. Checked out the website a couple of hrs later and seats i originally wanted ( and was told had sold out) not only available, but cheaper. Its criminal! I felt like the AFL/Ticketec were taking advantage of members.

Sorry no, maybe by wednesday if sales were still down, drop the prices and promote it hard but after a few hours? No, whoever was responsible was taking advantage of members who they think/know will pay whatever it costs to see their team in a prelim.
    Agreed. I bought very early as well, got a pretty poor seat in my chosen category only to log on as a matter of interest in the afternoon to find heaps better seats available to the general public. I'm hearing today they are throwing a number of offers around (half price Cat2 seats for Red Rookie's). I'm feeling royally ripped off. Might send something in to the Swans as well. I know they are not the ultimate arbiter of how Finals seats are getting sold but I'm sure they have some input.

Veterans List
    Interesting that the AFL slogan for this week is "They can't hear you at home".

Shame that the marketing department didn't communicate with the ticketing department.

Everything about the marketing of this game stinks. The pricing categories, the cheap seats, their availability and non availability, the telstra bonuses which appeared in my twitter feed today but not yesterday and so on.

My family and i are flying up which is costing us a little over $1000, plus tickets which are stuck in a pocket because having dropped the kids off at school i got to the ticket window at ticketek at 9.30 after i'd sat looking at the ipad refreshing itself every 25 seconds forever....Had i been informed about the telstra deal it would have led to vastly better seats at a cheaper price. Bizarre outcome.

I'm happy enough to cop the ludicrous gf arrangements because it needs the "theatre goers" in attendance but the whole point of prelims is to get the fans on board. The series of inconsistencies and rewards for those in the know associated with dual pricing rules I find very frustrating.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Telstra deal has been an ongoing thing throughout the regular season. Assuming you're a Telstra customer, I'd be surprised if this wasn't advertised to you regularly along with their $11 movie ticket offer. Technically it's an offer that's meant to be available to Telstra customers only but the way it's implemented anyone can have access to it so long as they get the right link and password.

It was also posted on RWO the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Telstra deal has been an ongoing thing throughout the regular season. Assuming you're a Telstra customer, I'd be surprised if this wasn't advertised to you regularly along with their $11 movie ticket offer. Technically it's an offer that's meant to be available to Telstra customers only but the way it's implemented anyone can have access to it so long as they get the right link and password.

It was also posted on RWO the night before.
    Actually been a customer of telstra since forever and never heard of the deal.

I'd like to think that I have better things to do the night before school and work than to read rwo. Normally its things like dinner, getting kids clothes organised, doing the weeks shopping, reading to the kids and so on.

I'd like to think that. Its not always true tbh.

Bought tickets online today in category four but got seated in section 320 which I believe on the map shows as those category one tickets at the northern end so they must have released more sections to category four.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Bought tickets online today in category four but got seated in section 320 which I believe on the map shows as those category one tickets at the northern end so they must have released more sections to category four.
    This of course everything that is wrong - assuming it is wrong - with what has happened here. And if it is true then the AFL should be apologising publicly to everyone who purchased tickets on day one and trying to develop some sort of arrangement to reflect what has happened.

On the Rookie List
    Just went onto ticketek site and there are still Cat 5 tickets available. I put in for 5 tickets and it came up with Sect 119-1 Row 9 Seat 2-6. Yesterday during the member sale period you couldnt get anything in Cat 5. Ticketek doing the swifty again, no wonder crowds are low as people see the cheapest option isnt available so they dont bother.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast