Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Went to the ticketek office in Pitt St.... no cat 1 or 2 seats left on the wing. ... She swore they had all been sold and it wasn't the usual ticketek scam where they hold back the middle bays.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    My Cat 2 seats cost $134.00 each.

Check your credit card!
    Danzar must have got the Telstra half-price offer.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Danzar must have got the Telstra half-price offer.
    This.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Yep, half price.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

For the qualifying final the lady at Ticketek told me all Cat 4 was sold out and my usual seats in Cat 3 were gone - whole bay she said. Day before game I checked out website and what do you know, plenty of Cat 4 and seats in Cat 3 where I normally sit. I hate the games Ticketek play with us fans. I'm certain it affects crowds when people are told only the more expensive seats are available.

That aside, can anyone post their PAX numbers to get an idea of how many tickets were sold when you made your purchase?

No category 3,4,5 leftover according to ticketek.

I didn't realize how much the ticket prices were for finals. No wonder we can never seem to sell out the joint.

Anyone know what side the cheer squad sit?? I think my tickets are allocated for the north end. Is that good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    I'm certain it affects crowds when people are told only the more expensive seats are available.
    Of course it affects the crowds. Look at the huge red section (Category 1) on the map of ANZ. There's no way that many people can afford that price. It doesn't even appear to be any better seats than categories 3-5. And it takes up around... what... 20% of the stadium? That's like 15,000 people right there who won't attend.

Looks like the Telstra offer is still working - $2 SIM, register and away you go, seats in Bay 120 for $65.

Just bought seats in bay 409 (2 seats), despite what the lady in Ticketek at Pitt St told me 2 hours ago, I should have got it in writing. At least they lived down to my expectations.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    The Telstra offer doesnt seem to work for me - did anyone else have that problem? Since about 2:20 pm it says there are no tickets available in that category. Unsure if they've sold out or if my system is not playing the game.

Edit: I guess the above answers my question. Not sure why it wont work.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    The Telstra offer doesnt seem to work for me - did anyone else have that problem? Since about 2:20 pm it says there are no tickets available in that category. Unsure if they've sold out or if my system is not playing the game.
    You need the proper link to get there, not just the code.

Veteran Site Admin
    Something that has just occurred to me - were we not told that if we purchased seats in round 1 of the finals, we would qualify for a 10% discount in either week 2 or week 3 (depending on which week we hosted the second home final)? I used the same barcode and credit card and Ticketek account to purchase tickets today as I used a fortnight ago but I've definitely not been given a 10% discount on the quoted prices.

Did I dream this?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Looks like the Telstra offer is still working - $2 SIM, register and away you go, seats in Bay 120 for $65.

Just bought seats in bay 409 (2 seats), despite what the lady in Ticketek at Pitt St told me 2 hours ago, I should have got it in writing. At least they lived down to my expectations.
    For the QF, I was sold tickets in 412 (very back row) as "best available" only to turn up at the game and find that there were whole rows of seats in the more central level 4 bays that were completely empty.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast