Thread: Grand Final Week

Almost Football Legend

Grand Final Week

We've come down to the last day of the season; and for the second year in a row it'll be Manly and Pennant Hills to fight out the Premier Division Grand Final.
    Next week's program is:
    8:45am � Under 19s Two � Moorebank v Western Suburbs
    11:00am � Under 19s One � North Shore v St George
    1:15pm � Division One � Balmain v UTS
    4:00pm � Premier Division � Manly v Pennant Hills

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    Pennant Hills defeated St George to advance to the Premier Division Grand Final. On Saturday, Sydney Uni won Div 2, Randwick City Div 3, UTS Div 4 and Sydney Uni the Womens Div 1 premierships.
    This week's RWO Wrap of the weekend action is now online.

Almost Football Legend
    Forecast for Saturday is becoming cloudy, possible shower, top temperature 19. Making it cooler than the last few grand finals where the mercury has been up around the 30 mark.
    At least it won't be as wet as at Henson a couple of weeks ago when Manly & Penno played in the semi final.

Well done to Manly on really proving today that they are the best this year. In fact, four flags in four years must be some kind of PB.

I only watched it on the UTUBE stream as I am interstate for now, but they looked to take the game on from the first bounce and then kept up their discipline and systems right through to the end.
    On the other hand, Penno looked to have nothing going on up forward - like St George a week ago, Penno's forward line seemed to be missing when the onballers bombed the ball in. (again, that's how it looked on TV anyway). I'm brave enough to think that the play around the ground looked pretty much even-honours.

Disappointing to see a bit of bad attitude from certain Penno supporters towards the umpires at 3/4 time...it's on the tape if you want to have a look - bugger me, guys, it's hard enough to get umpires in the first place without heaping abuse on them when they step up to the plate...you need to be better than that.

Who is going to challenge Manly next year ? They seem to be the fittest and most skilful but what's more important is that they simply have the best players. Baulko might be a smokey for next year but, hey, who can tell at this early stage just what Hills Eagles is going to look like next year ?

And finally, on the subject of umpires, congrats to the ageless Frank K on getting yet another GF gig - the man's an inspiration to old farts everywhere and deserves accolades for sticking at it for as long as he has done. And, even though my team lost and i was only watching the stream anyway, the umpires seemed to have done a good enough job and their presence didn't impact on the outcome of the game. As it shouldn't.

Almost Football Legend
    Congratulations to Manly on winning back to back premierships. On the back of two in Div 1, it's now up to 4 in a row; already dynasty status. And the way they completely shut down Pennant Hills yesterday was very impressive.

The RWO Wrap of Grand Final Day is now online.

And, as I've done the last few years, I've also put up some photo galleries of Grand Final Day - those of you who were there can re-live the colour of the day, and those who weren't can get some feel of what it was like to be there.
    If you played in a premiership side, congratulations - and included in the after the game gallery is a pic of you receiving your medal. And if you see a pic you like and want to use for your club website, Facebook profile pic or whatever; go for it.

Under 19s Div 2 Grand Final - Wests d Moorebank
    Under 19s Div 2 - After the game
    Under 19s Div 1 Grand Final - St George d North Shore
    Under 19s Div 1 - After the game
    Division One Grand Final - Balmain d UTS
    Division One - After the game
    Premier Division Grand Final - Manly d Pennant Hills
    Premier Division - After the game

Pushing for Selection
    Thanks Norris for another great year of your coverage of Sydney footy for the readers here.

There might only be a few dozen regular posters in these threads, but there's plenty more like myself who are regular readers here and keep tabs on the league via your updates.

Well done, and hopefully you'll be back to do it all again next year !

Here here

Almost Football Legend
    Thanks Rowdy#8 & Pmcc2911. I've enjoyed bringing the reports to you every week.

After a long season I'll take a break before thinking too much about next year, but I'm keen to go round again.