Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harvey gets a week

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    come on - if he was playing for us we would love him
    not at all...if he continually put himself and his over-inflated ego ahead of the good of the team the way he has been lately I definitely wouldn't.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Seriously... Tongue in cheep comments...

My 2 points are

If Harvey hadn't lined Selwood up the coach would have Dragged him to the bench.. He has always played hard and I believe that the penalty is very hard given the accidental contact of heads..

My call it was a sheppard greater than 5m away = free kick, missed by the umpire at the time.. Play on!

The other point is Difference was 6 points... Lets say Selwood is off the ground for 3 minutes. It is possible that this incident cost the cats the game... Geelong could have kicked a goal and a behind during this time.... Well only if he was on the ground, hypothetically....

Appeal and let off and has to retire after the game.. We don't want them to have any excuses!

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    come on - if he was playing for us we would love him
    Probably right.

Those saying they wouldn't love him probably said the same about Buddy.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Goes up to 11
    I can't say I like or dislike Harvey, but I've been super-impressed by some of his form this year, given his age. He's still a very important part of their team and I would be happy to not see him out there on Friday...

No sympathy. Regardless how it stacked up on the MRP scorecard, it was reckless and stupid. If a Swans player with hefty carryover points did that I'd feel the same way.

BTW, there are a few:

Ted Richards 93.75
    Jeremy Laidler 70.31
    Jarrad McVeigh 45

Better to have this precedent than being the ones not being careful and setting the precedent. I dare say all players will be very careful in the weekend games...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    I think thats wrong. Shame he's not playing over such a minor indiscretion.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I think thats wrong. Shame he's not playing over such a minor indiscretion.
    Get real some of you people. He was lucky to get one week. It wasn't negligent it was at least reckless and given its distance from the ball it was probably intentional. He jumped off the ground trying to hit Selwood with everything he had. Selwood had to leave the ground several times to get the blood flow stopped.

The rule says that clashes of heads are only OK if the offending player is contesting the ball and Harvey was ten metres from the ball and looking in the other direction.

If that incident is not the PEFECT example of what the rule was designed for then I don't know what is. The carry over points are his problem, otherwise he would have escaped with a reprimand.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

If the tribunal go by the rule book his sanction should stand. But who knows, given their history of inconsistencies.

It was a clumsy act, but no malice. Very tough to miss a prelim for that.

I hope he plays. No conspiracy theories, no excuses.

If we play well, it won't make an iota of difference.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Get real some of you people. He was lucky to get one week. It wasn't negligent it was at least reckless and given its distance from the ball it was probably intentional. He jumped off the ground trying to hit Selwood with everything he had. Selwood had to leave the ground several times to get the blood flow stopped.

The rule says that clashes of heads are only OK if the offending player is contesting the ball and Harvey was ten metres from the ball and looking in the other direction.

If that incident is not the PEFECT example of what the rule was designed for then I don't know what is. The carry over points are his problem, otherwise he would have escaped with a reprimand.
    +1
    sprite

Boomer has been whacked around his whole career. He must take at least a dozen cheap shots a game. He had no choice but to toughen up, especially at his size. I give him a lot a credit for how he's managed his career, albeit he's crossed the line more than a few times. As for ability, he's one of the most creative and skillful players of the past 2 decades. Boomer is a more skillful version of Benny McGlynn, and we all love Benny.

I would have preferred that he played, but believe the penalty was correct.

Happy and I know it
    It shouldn't matter whether it's a H&A game or a final. The rules and penalties should be the same. Let's see whether they are.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast